breakfast ideas around 400 cals give or take

Options
I'm looking for some breakfast ideas that are delicious filling healthy and a decent amount of calories.

I crave meat I am anemic and when I start to get low I was meat.

I need some ideas more than eggs .

Today I had oatmeal and it was good but I need variety. I get sick of things quickly.

Replies

• monisiaczeq
    monisiaczeq Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    2 slices of bread, some ham and loads of veggies! i have it with lettuce, tomato, cucamber raddish and carrots on the side!

you can always make "sknny" pancakes with good quality bacon

i know you said not eggs, but scrambled egg with ham/bacon/chicken in there?

yoghurt and granola/fruit/cereal

ultimate breakfast smoothie- plenty of recipes on the net!

overnight oats

weetabix- had to put it there, been crazy about it recently haha
  • milalove1988
    milalove1988 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love eggs

But lately its all I've ate.

I like the sandwich idea thank you
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    whole wheat waffles with a schmear of peanut or other nut butter

English muffin, toasted, with butter and jam, with a side of sausage or bacon :smooched:

Sorry there's not more, I love eggs :love:
  • C1C2C3
    C1C2C3 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I like these ham potato puffs for a quick breakfast: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/ham-potato-puffs
    I will bake a batch then freeze them individually so I can just reheat however many I want in the microwave.You could have a couple with some fruit for a more filling breakfast.

My mom used to put a slice of canadian bacon and a slice of cheese on top of an english muffin half and bake either in the oven or convention oven until heated through and cheese is melted. So good yet so simple and easy. Could add more canadian bacon or do this with ham, sausage patties or bacon.

Edited to add: Breakfast burritos could be an option too. All kinds of options and recipes on the internet.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Any meal you'd have for 400 calories.

I love an open faced ham and swiss sandwich toasted until the cheese melts with two fried eggs on top. Or you can experiment with your oatmeal - pumpkin pie oatmeal, almond and jelly oatmeal, apple and cinnamon oatmeal, chocolate/banana oatmeal... Same with eggs really. Scrambled with peppers and sausage, in a burrito, lots of possibilities.

Crepes? Two of those with ham and cheese (and egg, yeah, lol) are very filling.

Although I hear you, I'm getting a bit bored with my breakfasts too.
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I made Western Egg muffins for dinner the other night and it was so tasty and here is the recipe
    you need
    6 whole eggs
    1 jalepeno -optional
    1 green bell pepper
    1/2 onion
    1 clove garlic
    1 medium tomato
    1 bag of stemfresh brocoli florets
    1 cup of black beans or Red kindeny beans (canned rinse and drain)
    2 slices of cheddar cheese - I used deli style
    1/4 cup of fatfree milk

Chop all veggies to diced size (brocoli can be left the way it is if already chopped for you in the bag steam as always in the microwave) saute all the veggies in a pan together to take away the raw texture for about 3-4 mins on med. heat-
    you need a 12 count muffin tin
    spray the muffin tin with pam or butter it if you want
    then fill each tin to the rim with the veggie mixture it should take every last bit of it, if not no biggie
    I cracked the eggs in a measuring cup (easy to pour )add the milk and scramble
    pour the egg mixure over veggies in the Tin. Evenly distribute. SHOULD TAKE IT ALL ROUGHLY 1/2 egg PER EGG MUFFIN
    Place little pieces of cheese on top of each and bake for 23-25 mins on 375 degrees
    (might bubble over a little so use a pan underneath to catch / mine did)
    I ate four with a little salsa it came to 430 cals according to my calulation
    high in protien low in fat! and very filling! very yummy!
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    oatmeal: 160
    banana: 100
    clementine: 30
    granola: 110

Make sure to have fruit or vegetables with every meal.
  • thatgirlkellib
    thatgirlkellib Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Banana peanut butter almond smoothie

1 whole medium banana 112 cal cals
    1 cup of unsweeted almond milk 60 cals
    1 tablespoon of peanut butter chunky or creamy 90 cals
    Tray of ice cubes or (12 chunks of ice)
    blend it up until creamy smooth
    add a slash more of almond milk if needed

super tasty and nice after a workout ,very filling!
    under 400 cals!
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I usually have greek yogurt with chia seeds and fruit, and if still hungry a granola bar of some kind.

When I want something more substantial I have a breakfast sandwich - whole wheat english muffin, egg, sausage or bacon, cheese, tomato - you could always have it open faced if you wanted less of the bread.

Breakfast burritos are good, oatmeal is good with stuff mixed in, make smoothies the night before and just shake it up in the morning.
  • lisapisa81
    lisapisa81 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i eat homemade frozen breakfast burritos for breakfast every morning (sounds like it would get old but i vary each batch i make). it's pretty easy to vary the ingredients and i usually get 18-20 in a batch, so they last for a few weeks. here's my recipe:

1 bag of hashbrowns (you could use shredded sweet potatoes if you wanted to be healthier)
    6 whole eggs
    16 oz liquid egg whites (you can use all egg whites but i like to use some whole eggs too)
    one log of bulk turkey sausage (you could use bacon or ham or whatever you want)
    taco or fajita size tortillas (i usually just use white tortillas because they wrap better but you could use whole wheat)
    shredded cheddar (could get reduced fat version)
    hot sauce - cholula, tabasco, whatever kind you like

1. brown the hash browns (make sure they get really browned and reduced in volume) - i use olive oil
    2. separately, brown the turkey sausage and add it to the cooked hash browns
    3. beat the eggs + egg whites with a fork and add to the sausage / hash brown mixture and cook until eggs are no longer runny
    4. place a heaping spoonful on a tortilla. sprinkle on cheese and hot sauce. roll into a burrito!
    5. wrap each burrito in foil, put them in a freezer bag and freeze.
    6. to reheat, unwrap from foil, wrap in paper towel, and heat for 2-2.5 minutes

the burritos may seem small, but they are pretty filling. each batch i make usually has 250-300 calories per burrito, and 12-15 grams of protein. plus it's nice to be able to just reheat one and eat it in the car on my drive to work.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Turkey sausage and good cheese on a light English muffin with thick slices of tomato and onion. Or a three ounce ham steak with a slice of whole-grain toast and some sautéed veggies. Hash made with 100g potatoes, three slices of crumbled turkey bacon, and diced veggies of choice over toast.
  • ajkolb
    ajkolb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I make a protein pancake every day. I use 1/3 c liquid egg whites, 1/3 c old fashioned oats, 1 scoop flavored whey, 1 tbsp PB2.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Ever tried omelet or scrambled eggs with oysters mixed in? It's delicious and chop up some green leafy veg to mix in their too, as well as a few bits of fried bacon and a tad bit of chopped green onion. Scrumptious! Oysters are super healthy and LOADED with iron.