exersices to make your hips bigger?

Options
Would working my outer thighs more give the illusion of hips? I have a 36” bust, 25” waist and a 34” hips. Im afraid working my outer thighs might make me look a little odd (bigger legs and smaller hips). I have pretty much no fat on my hips, how can I get more muscle on them? What exercises? If there are none that’s fine but I would like to know if there is some to even my body out? i have been doing a lot of arms so my top half is only going to get bigger. I run and strength train and i need to bulk up my bottom half a bit more to be even.

Replies

• gallowglasslass
    gallowglasslass Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    You might be interested in the book "Strong Curves" by Bret Contreras. One of the reviewers on Amazon said she had added 3" to her glutes. That's not "hips", specifically, but might be close enough for what you want to do.
  • 1_JR_1
    1_JR_1 Posts: 179
    Options
    You can't change your skeletal structure, so you're left with building muscle.

Squats and Deadlifts are a great place to start for creating shape. Understand though, that you can't simple pack on sizable muscle without being crafty with your nutrition.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Get pregnant. One of the pregnancy hormones, relaxin, loosens your tendons and ligaments and can actually cause your hips to widen.

Of course, your shoe size may also go up... and things may or may not snap back post-pregnancy.

On a more serious note, there are some things about your build that are hard to change. You could try bulking and focusing on your glutes, so you get a booty, but I suspect that would be pretty difficult in general. I'm definitely not the expert there!