Figure this one out... Is this even possible?

Options
Sunday Morning October 24th Weigh in 6:00 AM 180.2

Friday Morning October 29th... Weight in 6:00 AM 170.8

Monday Morning November 1st... Weight in 6:00 AM 179.6

That's down 10 lbs (increased exercise and monitored food intake) in a week

Then BACK UP 10 (no exercise and terrible eating), but in THREE DAYS?!?A

(no, the scale isn't broken either...

thoughts? Is this even possible...?

Replies

• CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm are you tracking your sodium. maybe its water weight.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Are you sure you read it right? Maybe it was 178.8?
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I hate Monday mornings, which is why I weigh in on Tuesdays!

I'm thinking it's a cross between water weight & the self-admitted terrible eating and no exercise weekend. Your body is reacting to the abrupt change in what you are doing to it. My husband's weight fluctuates by 3-5 pounds on the weekend because he " slacks off", doesn't maintain his eating, drinks alcohol (and calls them free calories!) and doesn't exercise. He generally loses that same 3-5 within the week (just to turn around and do it all over again!). I think if you get back on your program, that 10 pounds will come back off quickly. Good luck!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    10 lbs is a lot to lose in one week since that equates to 35,000 calories burned. I am thinking you might have had a temporary water weight loss and went back to your correct weight.
  • mmatteson
    Options
    I was gonna ask about sodium also. I am not a salt eater; however, I started tracking my sodium intake because there were days that I drank and drank, but didn't use the restroom very often and the next day I was up a couple pounds. This happened to me over the weekend, I was doing awesome, workout on Friday doing circuit training and treadmill walking and went out for dinner to Applebees. I selected a meal that was under 550 calories...good choices for better results. Well, when I put that meal into MFP, the meal had over 1800g of sodium....needless to say, I was over my expected sodium intake by 1000g. Keep an eye on your sodium and make sure you are continually drinking water. Good luck.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Many things cause the scale to go up. Water weight is a huge factor. Watch your sodium and/or drink more water.
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    The first thing that I thought of was sodium. I started tracking my sodium about 2-3 months ago and it really opened my eyes as to how some things that you think are healthy have a TON of sodium in it.
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I believe you lost actual weight, and simply gained water weight. I have noticed that once you have lost the weight, your body remembers and will allow you to return to that weight within a week (or two). Just try not to repeat your errors so you will reach your goal sooner, instead of experiencing set backs that will slow you down.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    My scale works 99% of the time but did something like that a few weeks ago. I reweighed immediately and it was much more in line with what my weight has been. My vote is for scale error!
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    You said you had a horrible eating weekend which usually means high sodium. It's just water retention and undigeste food. Give it a few days.
  • turbojanem
    Options
    yes, it is possible. i can gain 3 pounds in a day or two with eating out or poor choices. "vacation" from a healthy lifestyle can be very discouraging. pick yourself up. dust yourself off. be kind to yourself and make good choices.

cheering you on!
    Jane
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    funny (and frustrating) that it takes so long and such hard work to lose weight, yet it's effortless to gain it back. SO not fair:(
  • CINDYLOU1966
    CINDYLOU1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing one time I will weight one thing and them I will weight anther thing... but i am trying to change my routine a little . so i am hoping that helps and drinking ton of water .. what is everyone else doing to help with this grrr it can be hard at times
  • CINDYLOU1966
    CINDYLOU1966 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    you are so right grrr lol