What Motivates You?

Options
What tips and tricks do you use to keep yourself motivated and inspired?

Personally, tumblr is a big one for me. My whole dashboard is filled with health-related things and skinny healthnuts.
I also watch "What I eat" videos on Youtube which inspire me to eat healthy and gives me ideas for new recipes.

To make sure I keep accountable, I have a calendar that every single day I meet my diet and exercise requirements, I draw a big fat happy face on it. On my rest days, so long as my diet is in check, I draw the happy face with a little 'x' for a nose. If I 'cheat', I draw a frowny face. You'd be surprised how motivating it is to not want to draw a frowny face next to a streak of happy ones!

Replies

• Vaermina
    Options
    Staying organized and in control is what keeps me motivated. I like to map my workouts day by day, a month at a time, a head of time. That way, all I have to do is to look at my workout calender and do what I assigned myself to do on that particular day, without having to think much about it. It helps me stay in a regiment without having to fuss too much. I also spend one day out of the week (usually an hour or two during a day in a weekend) and plan out (sometime even do the actual food prep) my breakfasts and lunches. Again, it helps with during the week when I am busy and helps me stay on track.
  • mart001
    mart001 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    for me, it has not looking at much i need to lose, its been what i accomplished so far.its much more rewarding that way. look, you have lost 9 pounds so far, thats great! you should be proud. everytime i lose anything, it inspires me to do more. and friends on here helps alot. doing something good, and hearing everyone praise you, is inspiring. sometimes feel like a 5 year old, having people say, you did good..
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Feeling proud of myself propels me forward. Knowing the health benefits of losing weight is a major part of my motivation.

My husband is a huge motivator for me when it comes to eating healthy and being active. I would want to do those things even if he was not around. But it is an awesome extra "push" that his lifestyle was already so healthy/active, and it fits in well with my own and improves it. Private time that is active is a bonus that motivates me also ;-) However I think it's also nice that he has the same sweet tooth and desire for "treats" now and then...so we can indulge a bit too.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I honestly just have to look at myself in the mirror, lol.
  • kaittea
    kaittea Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Staying organized and in control is what keeps me motivated. I like to map my workouts day by day, a month at a time, a head of time. That way, all I have to do is to look at my workout calender and do what I assigned myself to do on that particular day, without having to think much about it. It helps me stay in a regiment without having to fuss too much. I also spend one day out of the week (usually an hour or two during a day in a weekend) and plan out (sometime even do the actual food prep) my breakfasts and lunches. Again, it helps with during the week when I am busy and helps me stay on track.

that's a good one! I LOVE planning things out ahead of time, including prelogging my food every day before I eat it. totally helps!