Do you always suck your stomach in?

Options
Do people even with low bf% and a flat stomach do this?

Just asking because I've never really known! I may have had a relatively flat stomach as a kid but I wasn't really paying attention to it back then, and I've always had a bit of a tummy even when I was 16.

If I suck it in (which I do 90% of the time), it appears relatively flat but with some pudge around the bottom of it. I think people can probably tell I have a bit of a gut or something. If I breathe out, I would honestly look pregnant - no exaggeration! Is that just because I have a lot of fat in that area, or does everyone have a preggo belly when they breathe out?

Just curious :laugh:

Replies

• Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I always suck in. I'm not even aware that I'm doing it most of the time. It's kind of sad, actually. I want to work on changing that. The only way I will change my poofy goodness is if I accept it is there in the first place.

Let it hang!
  • copselily
    Options
    I always suck in. I'm not even aware that I'm doing it most of the time. It's kind of sad, actually. I want to work on changing that. The only way I will change my poofy goodness is if I accept it is there in the first place.

Let it hang!

Lol, totally.

Nothing better than coming home from work and BREATHING OUT.
  • LindaEmrys
    LindaEmrys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Do people even with low bf% and a flat stomach do this?

Just asking because I've never really known! I may have had a relatively flat stomach as a kid but I wasn't really paying attention to it back then, and I've always had a bit of a tummy even when I was 16.

If I suck it in (which I do 90% of the time), it appears relatively flat but with some pudge around the bottom of it. I think people can probably tell I have a bit of a gut or something. If I breathe out, I would honestly look pregnant - no exaggeration! Is that just because I have a lot of fat in that area, or does everyone have a preggo belly when they breathe out?

Just curious :laugh:

Hahahaha! You're really not the only one. I have exactly the same pudge around the bottom when I suck it in and preggo belly when I breathe out. It's weird.
  • gngracie
    gngracie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yeppers, sucking it in in Florida. lol
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I suck it in in that I use my ab muscles for good posture and to support my rib cage. Consciously sucking it in to look thinner...no.
  • linaa13
    Options
    I feel like I naturally have my abs tightened, but not sucked in. I only really fully relax when I'm laying down.
    But it's not for "looks" it just happens.