Not new but new to the community

Options
Hello,

I'm sort of new to the MyFitnessPal site, I started using the app for the Android phone a while ago then found it on the internet and now starting to work my way into the forums.

I'm 31, looking to lose only 10lbs to lower my BMI since it's close to the high end of the spectrum and obesity runs on both sides of my family.

I've been struggling lately because I am doing everything correctly however, nothing is happening and nothing has happened in over 3 months but I keep plugging away in hopes that it will change.

Replies

• MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    hey and welcome to the community :)
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif
    Welcome to MFP, it is a great tool to help you.
  • AlexTCasas
    Options
    It seems you reached a plateau..when you are not that far from your ideal weight it gets more difficult... I would say that if you lower
    your calorie intake while keeping sugars and fats on the low side, you will start loosing weight. Another point I would say is that it is difficult to keep your calorie below the limit if you do not exercise. And finally, It is important to be very precise when introducing the portions to your diary.

In my case, I lost 6 pounds consistently and then I got stuck at around 150-152 and nothing seemed to change it until I changed my calorie intake from 1900 to 1710.