I Just Discovered Spaghetti Squash

Options
How have I never seen this before? It is absolutely delicious! I love pasta, but I hate its weight and super high calorie count. I saw the spaghetti squash marinara under the pasta entrees at Ruby Tuesday, and for a mere 260 calories (AND the lowest costing pasta on the menu,) I HAD to try it.

Wow. Just wow. The texture, the flavor...mmm! And the sauce was sweet, just the way I like it, and the roasted zucchini was tender and had so much substance to it! I'm totally making this for Christmas. The best part was the fact that I couldn't eat more than half the giant *kitten* plate. Went out to eat and only had a total of 130 calories (maybe add 5 or so for the lemon I squeezed into my Earl Grey.) <3

Everyone should go out and buy a spaghetti squash right now!!!

Replies

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash is awesome!!!

Have you ever made noodles out of fresh zucchini or cucumber? You can use a mandolin slicer to make flat noodles for lasagna, or use a spiralizer to make various other noodle types.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Super easy to cook too. Just stab it a couple times, stick it in a 350 degree oven for about an hour then scoop out the seeds and flesh. I like to cook one and portion it out for my work lunches.
  • mif2jc
    mif2jc Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I too love spaghetti squash! I didn't know it was a menu option at Ruby Tuesday, will have to try it there. Cooking it at home is super easy, and it also goes great with cream sauces like Alfredo.
  • MaiLinna
    MaiLinna Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    A mandolin is on my Christmas list!!! I want one so bad! Those sliced cucumbers look so fun to decorate and play with!

Yes it's so easy to cook. You can microwave it in a pinch even, and just one squash looks like it makes enough for 3-4 meals. (It's super filling to me, but not in a heavy, bloaty way like pasta.)

I've grown less and less fond of cream sauces. I'm not sure what it is but I'd rather have marinara. If it was a roasted pepper with chilis cream sauce...I'd hit that.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,017 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. :drinker:
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I ordered it as a side at Ruby's, I was so happy to see it on the menu. I cook it for myself at home, but the rest of the family insists on pasta.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I also just discovered it and wonder where it has been my whole life! YUM. The best thing I had with it was creamy Italian chicken I made in the crockpot- sooo amazing and comfort food-y!!!!
  • Marymoe138
    Marymoe138 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    It is definitely delicious. Who know one could make so much?! We have temporarily removed all of the other pastas/spaghetti's from our diet and eat this. Pretty filling!
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I discovered Spaghetti Squash about a month ago too, and love it. Very easy to make and it's pretty good. I have yet to eat it with spaghetti sauce yet, but will have to try it sometime.