Just saying hi and introducing myself

Options
My name is LeAnna. I recently had a wake up call about how out of control my habits are and how unhealthy I've become. Even though I knew I was dangerously obese, I somehow was able to ignore it and just keep on hurting myself.

At a recent check up I found out that I'm pre-diabetic and have really bad levels of cholesterol and liver enzymes. If I am unable to control my sugar with my diet, then I will be put on diabetic medication. What a slap in the face wake up call. I was the classic case of giving someone enough rope and they'll hang themselves. Now, I've reached the end of the rope and am starting over again.

Anyway, it was nice to find out there is a support community here. I look forward to meeting others who know what I'm going through and sharing in your successes.

Replies

• tiffdunaway
    tiffdunaway Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what happened to me. I was scared to death of having diabetes, high cholesterol and hypertension especially in my 20's. That is when I decided enough was enough. It's almost been a year and I've lost almost 50 lbs. and am off all my medication and all my labs are normal. You can do it. Good luck!
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Tiff!! And nice to meet you. :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!!
    So glad you're listening to your wake-up call. Cholesterol was my issue, and I have to little ones to take care of and I will be 48 in less then 48 hourse and need to be around for them.
    We are here to help!!!!!

Nancy
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    It's nice to meet you!
    I'm glad I decided to give that "Community button" a try! :)