Biking to and from work in Miami

Hi,
I've been biking to and from work and while it's really hot here lately, I've been burning about 900 calories each day. If I ride one way I burn half and then I go to the gym or something. I'm trying to work on eating better, but it's hard when there are so many yummy things to eat. I'm not seeing the weight come off yet, but I'm going to stick to my plan of bike riding, eating well and working out.

Replies

• cpumpkins
    cpumpkins Posts: 15
    Hi,
    I've been biking to and from work and while it's really hot here lately, I've been burning about 900 calories each day. If I ride one way I burn half and then I go to the gym or something. I'm trying to work on eating better, but it's hard when there are so many yummy things to eat. I'm not seeing the weight come off yet, but I'm going to stick to my plan of bike riding, eating well and working out.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Wow, it is great that you can do that!!! Hang in there, you will start noticing changes soon. As long as you are not eating more because you are exercising you should be ok. I have always wanted to go to Miami!! Muy caliente!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cpumpkins
    Yes, very very caliente!! I know, I just wish this process were a little quicker. I've been biking like crazy and eating well. I never have any negative calories and I usually am left with 550 or so at the end of the day. I guess I just have to wait and see what happens...very cute kiddo...
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Don't forget to eat your exercise calories. You don't have to do it all the time but most of it. If you have some leftover cals it could be no more than 200 or so...keep us updated!!

And thanks, that is my grandbaby!!! :flowerforyou:
  • cpumpkins
    Yeah, there are some days when I bike to and from school (20 miles round trip--900 calories or so) and then I figure skate at night or I go to the gym (about 500 calories), so I usually don't eat all of those excess calories because I just am not that hungry. I will try and eat more so that my body has enough protein etc. I'll keep you posted.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Try eating the rest of the 550 calories that you have left. Your body needs those calories to fuel your workouts. It's important to eat all of your workout calories as regularly as possible.
  • cpumpkins
    OK. I will do that. I just feel like I'm overeating sometimes when I have that many calories left over. Next week I'm going to bike one way to work, then drive home, drive to work, bike home etc. That way I won't kill myself in this Miami heat and I'll give my body a break.