Women are worth the WEIGHT!!

Options
i'm really loving lifting weights...no my scale has not moved but my body is getting soooo strong...my body is changing nicely...it's been about 6 months of solid dedication...have not missed a SINGLE workout. I hope more women come to learn the true benefits of lifting those weights...GO HEAVY ladies...you will not bulk!!! muscle is sexy!!!

Cardio will get the pounds off but if you really want to shape your body you gotta go for the weights. I've also found an overall improvement to my posture and just the confidence I have in my own skin. I have lots of goals like being able to do pullups (I can do negatives but not the actual pulling yet), I want to be able to complete 50 military style pushups amongst other things.

The goal to be thin has long since died...I now want a strong firm fit body and weights are the "weigh" (he he...ok...nevermind) to go!!!

Replies

• rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You are right on with everything you said. I never thought I would enjoy going to the gym, much less lifting heavy. I'm also working on pullups.

Keep lifting! :happy:
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Cheers to similar goals.
  • BJC78
    BJC78 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! I ❤️ lifting too ! ????????
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Ad at the top of this page is for:

Amazing arms. Buy one, get two free.

(Do these people not READ their ads before they post them?)
  • ehsan517
    ehsan517 Posts: 114
    Options
    now HERE......is a sensible woman who knows her stuff.

I have nothing but respect for you!
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Ad at the top of this page is for:

Amazing arms. Buy one, get two free.

(Do these people not READ their ads before they post them?)

But, I want that purple dress with the gold diamonds.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I like the strength and the body changes the best! I'm even learning to love my ginormous hamstrings, because I have a few moves I want to be really good at that require tons of strength there. So if they get even bigger, I'll just say Yay :D

They started that way, btw. It's a genetic thing. They never bulked, so no worries to women who freak out about that. They are just firmer and more noticeable to me because they don't blend in with any squishiness now :D
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Same here. Naturally occurring muscular legs.
  • jesmith86
    Options
    I love this thread, sensible people!!!!!!!! Yes, I love lifting too! It makes me feel so proud of what my body can do rather than how it looks, I don't care what the scales says, I care how many plates I can put on that bar!
  • NatalieSkywalker
    NatalieSkywalker Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Agreed. 100%.

"thin" isn't important anymore.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Too true!!
    I also started lifting 12 weeks ago and I am amazed at the way my body is changing!! :love: :love:
  • Bluizflame
    Bluizflame Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have 2 main goals. I want to be able to run a full 5k, and be able to do pullups! I use to HATE fitness day in school, i've NEVER been able to do a pullup :(
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I love this thread,
    I lift heavy weights and do a lot of HIIT. I have seen AMAZING progress in my strength and in the shape of my body.
    I haven't stepped on a scale in ages and I dont need to because my pants are falling off of me at a rate Ive never experienced before.
    Amazing!
  • libertychoury
    libertychoury Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yes! I've been seriously lifting for about 6 months and the changes are insane. I'm fitter now than I have been in my entire adult life (at 36) and have dropped two pant sizes in the last 3 months alone. I love all my muscle, and I love what I can eat! When people ask me what I have done to change my body so drastically in the last few months and I say weightlifting, I just love their reaction. It's fear and wonder and admiration.
    I'm at 4 pull-ups and working on more. Finally, I am happy with my body and my life. After starting at 240 in July of 2012, I never would have thought I could make it this far, or that I wouldn't care what the scale says as much as how many gains I get in the weight room. I'm trying to get more women to understand how fantastic this can be for their body.
    If any of you use supps, may I recommend NLA for her. It tastes amazing and is designed for women specifically.
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I love this :heart:

Lifting is probably one of my favourite things! :)
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    In to say that I too LOVE lifting. Let the bad assery commence!
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I just posted a success story about my journey with cardio and the shift to lifting. Love this. Lifting ROCKS!
  • brownbeauty2013
    brownbeauty2013 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I truly agree with you! I have been lifting for some months now increasing the weights and i definitely look better and I feel like the warrior princess Xena!! LOL. Women we will lift, be sexy ,and show all that there is nothing we can't do!! Hooorahh!!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Agreed 100%.

Fit is the new sexy IMO.