HELP!!!

Options
I had a pretty bad week/weekend eating and exercising and now I have no motivation to do good again. My goal is to loose 13 pounds by December! But I'm happy with how I look and feel but if I can loose these last 13 pounds I will have lost 40 pounds in 2 years!!!

I just need some encouraging words please!!

Replies

• twnzmom
    twnzmom Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day!! Don't look back get up and get moving!! You can do this. Not that much to shed. Seriously so you had a bad weekend don't let it make you have a bad week Start fresh today. You have come far and you can't turn back there is no place to turn around so keep straight and you'll reach the end of the road.:flowerforyou: Cheer Up and Exercise!!!
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    We all slip up. Keep on truckin :flowerforyou: Think about how you will feel when you lose those last pounds:happy:
    jac
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I had a pretty bad weekend too. Got up feeling like 'why bother'. But I forced myself to do Leslie Sansone's 2 mile walk on exercise tv this morning and it changed my mindset. Try to do a little exercise - it really does give you a mental boost. And look how close you are to your goal! I wish I had 13 pounds to goal - I have lost 130 and still have 50 to go.
  • celeste2u
    Options
    I was feeling the same way this morning. I have lost 36 pounds and i am feeling so good. I still have 44 to go.

This morning I had a tough time getting motivated to get up and move. I had such a crazy weekend, and I am definitely feeling it this morning. I got all kinds of compliments on my weight loss over the weekend too. At one point, I was trying to talk myself out of doing anything by saying, "You have lost this much weight so far. You can give yourself a few days off for such a job well done." I then remembered that when I started this journey that I made a commitment.

I look at this lifestyle like I do my marriage. Marriage can be comfortable, but for me it took years to get to that point. It was a lot of work to begin with. I knew that when I started losing weight that it would take the same amount of commitment or more to REALLY do something for myself. it is so hard to put myself above others, especially when I am a wife and mother.

So, this morning, I put my big girl panties on and sucked it up. I put the past weekend behind me, and danced around my living room for an hour. I can not tell you how much better I feel for it.

Losing weight is like a good marriage. There will be highs and lows, but it in the end you will be so happy that you stuck it out. :)
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    First let me say you have done an awesome job already by reducing your weight by 40 lbs - JUST SIMPLY AWESOME!!!

2nd, I noticed that you said, "I'm happy with how I look and feel..." Maybe you are not motivated because you are giving your brain/body mixed messages. I would be confused if I were them. I mean, the logical question is, "If you are happy with how you look and feel, then why do you want to reduce your weight by another 13 lbs?" It seems contradictory. I've found that motivation is like 85% conviction - If you really want to lose that 13 lbs, I'm thinking you may need to change your mindset - or maybe you need to not worry about the 13 lbs if you are "really happy with the way you look and feel."

The body does what the mind/brain dictates. If you aren't in the right frame of mind to reduce your weight by another 13 lbs, then you will likely not have the motivation to do so.

Vickie
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    DON"T QUIT!!! Maybe you need to set a new goal or plan a reward to help re-motivate you again? Be creative...what will keep you motivated? DON'T QUIT!!:noway:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Go for the 13 now! Then you don't have to worry about it come beach season next year! You can spend the time between Dec. and June toning up the abs! Then you get to just enjoy next year...