Really need to do this now.

Options
lcyfrn
lcyfrn Posts: 121 Member
Here I am again, I've once again gave up slimming world in favour of trying to train myself to eat a cleaner, healthier diet. I'm just really struggling with where to start. I have 3.5-4 stone to lose, all of which I gained when I was pregnant with my now 3 year old (I can't really use the baby weight excuse anymore can I?) Does anybody have any starter eating plans or know where I can find one? I have a few little fussy food things. I can't stand any sort of seafood, and I can only eat egg when it is either disguised in cooking, or made as a pancake/sweet omelette. If anybody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated thank you xxx

Replies

• FindingMyPerfection
    Options
    No one can make a meal plan for you. If you want this sit down and commit to figuring out a weekly diet for your self. You have to commit the time. If someone else does it for you it is easer to walk away from it.
  • chatty826
    Options
    Here is a good start...if you dont do eggs eat leftovers for breakfast thats what I do a lot. http://www.primalpalate.com/blog/free-online-paleo-meal-planner-and-shopping-list-generator/

PS I lost 165lbs so far eating clean/paleo with cheat meals occasionally. Give yourself 30 days of clean eating. First week will be the hardest.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    Here I am again, I've once again gave up slimming world in favour of trying to train myself to eat a cleaner, healthier diet. I'm just really struggling with where to start. I have 3.5-4 stone to lose, all of which I gained when I was pregnant with my now 3 year old (I can't really use the baby weight excuse anymore can I?) Does anybody have any starter eating plans or know where I can find one? I have a few little fussy food things. I can't stand any sort of seafood, and I can only eat egg when it is either disguised in cooking, or made as a pancake/sweet omelette. If anybody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated thank you xxx

So, if I'm reading this right, this was an approach that you tried before? If it wasn't sustainable for the long term then, why would it be now?

Just count your calories, measure/weigh your food so that you know it's accurate, exercise because it's good for you (though you can lose weight without exercise, for sure), and win. Don't overcomplicate this, you'll find a more reasonable approach easier to stick to in the long term.

ETA: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • lcyfrn
    Options

So, if I'm reading this right, this was an approach that you tried before? If it wasn't sustainable for the long term then, why would it be now?

Just count your calories, measure/weigh your food so that you know it's accurate, exercise because it's good for you (though you can lose weight without exercise, for sure), and win. Don't overcomplicate this, you'll find a more reasonable approach easier to stick to in the long term.

ETA: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

I have tried calorie counting etc before I mean. My struggle is that if I use the approach 'as long as it's within my calories, it's fine' then I feel like I'm not necessarily eating healthier, and although I will be eating less and therefore losing weight, I'm not making my body any healthier (if that makes sense)

Thank you for your advice xx
  • lcyfrn
    Options
    No one can make a meal plan for you. If you want this sit down and commit to figuring out a weekly diet for your self. You have to commit the time. If someone else does it for you it is easer to walk away from it.

You are absolutely right, thank you. I have been researching throughout today to try and get myself a basic plan down as a good starting point, thanks so much for your advice :) xx
  • lcyfrn
    Options
    Here is a good start...if you dont do eggs eat leftovers for breakfast thats what I do a lot. http://www.primalpalate.com/blog/free-online-paleo-meal-planner-and-shopping-list-generator/

PS I lost 165lbs so far eating clean/paleo with cheat meals occasionally. Give yourself 30 days of clean eating. First week will be the hardest.

Thank you, checking this out right now. Massive congrats on your progress :) xxx
  • chatty826
    Options

Actually counting calories isn't good for long term success...how many people count calories loose 20-50lbs and then regain it because they cant count weigh everyday of their life. Truly eating clean and eating till you are full are much better for long term success and dealing with any psychological eating issues you have by seeking help.
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options

http://goodcheapeats.com/2012/09/meal-planning-101-create-a-formula-for-the-weeks-meal-plan/

I know it's not what you're looking for, but this was a great help for me when I started out. It's not a ready made starter, but then any meal plan I made would be based on what I like to eat. I don't eat lettuce (any kind), red meat or paprika.