Stress = Eating !

Options
Ok everyone Im in need of some support and motivation. A lot stuff is going on in my life right now and I am turning to my old ways of coping with food. Everything is falling apart around us with both of our cars broke down and no money to fix them, I feel like the world is just turning against me and I am a Christian and love God with all my heart and I am going thru a spirtual battle as well. I have had a feeling of almost stravation...and cannot seem to get full. Im so mad at myself b/c I was doing so good of counting and measuring....all to just go right back and start shoving food into my big fat mouth. Im really down and just want to lose weight...I need help !

Replies

• CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    If hunger is not the problem, food is not the answer.

Life happens, you're going to have to figure out how to prioritize your problems, tackle them one at a time, and keep busy OUT of the kitchen.
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Try exercising instead of eating. I'm a stress eater too so I can relate. Try fresh veggies instead of sweets and then at least it will be low calorie and low fat! Good luck.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Place your frustrations, anger, stress, and worries at the foot of the cross. God will see you through this...do not ever forget that he will NEVER place on you more than you can handle. Cry out to Him and He will give you guidance and the support you need if you ask. You will get through this. ~ your sister in Christ!
  • 1harleygal
    1harleygal Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :mad: I am so totally understanding where you are coming from. For the past year I have been taking care of my mom in her struggle with cancer and now this weekend have had to put her in a home called Washington Christian Home for their Rehab to Home program but don't like it at all. I am the oldest of nine and except for my brother Matt have had nearly no help with mom at all. The stress is mounting minute by minute and my eating habits have steadly gotten worse. Today I have made the consious decision to stop the roller coaster of emotional eating and get back on track. I will eat right today and also get back to working out at Curves! I think us emotional eaters just have to say "ENOUGH" and just start over and do it one day at a time! :mad:
  • vanzeem
    vanzeem Posts: 107
    Options
    I have the same problem... any time i'm stressed, bored, irritated i want to eat!! I try to drink water and if i feel like i want to eat, i ask myself if i'm really hungry. BREATHE!!! It's okay, you can do it. Just think, if you start eatting unhealthy and gain weight back (that you've worked hard to loose) it's just going to feel like one more battle you have to fight. Control what you can control and deal with what you can't as it's given to you. YOU CAN DO IT!!! :)
  • lkp24
    lkp24 Posts: 12
    Options
    I can certainly understand where you are coming from. When it rains, it pours.....BUT, you have the power to control the situation. Find ways in which you can stick to your meal plans and exercise routine. Call a friend, visit the boards, go for a walk, etc instead of going into the kitchen. Good luck...YOU CAN DO IT!

Laura
  • MandeeSue
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support...sometimes it seems like that it is easier said than done. But Im going to keep my head up and just trust in the Lord...Hopefully I can get back on track !