I need a diet buddy!

Options
Hiya everyone Im Sara and I am currently doing the Atkins low carb diet. I am looking for a low carb diet buddy!! Someone I can talk to everyday or so in order to motivate & help each other, share recopies & push each other!! I need some one who means business! I have been on the Atkins diet before & lost 60lbs. I have now gained 10lbs back & wish to lose it in time for Christmas. Overall I would like to lose 20lbs. Anyone want to lose 10lbs for Christmas with me???xx

Replies

• jillianash
    jillianash Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara!
    I am Jillian and have been trying out a low carb diet for the past month! I also want to lose 10lbs before Christmas But i am not sure its attainable.
    I definitely mean business and need someone to help me stay on track too!
    I am doing a high protein, low carb diet and i eat A LOT of protein. If meat scares you I don't think we should be friends!

Love the idea of recipe sharing and I am always up to try new and exciting things!

Currently I am following IIFYM . if it fits your macros, while trying to eat whole foods with the goal of completely cutting artificial sweeteners from my diet!

Not too familiar with Atkins but i think it is of similar presence. if you give me a like about Atkins I will read it and Here is the link for IIFYM

http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

^ that is to calculate your macros, look around on the site for general information!
  • Hiya Jillian! Yes Atkins is also a high protein & high fat diet. Definitely a lot of meat! Ive never heard of IIFYM but from what you say it seems to be following the same principles, I will check it out. Atkins is by far the best diet I have tried in terms of fast weight loss. Last time I was following the diet I lost 40lbs in 3 months. http://www.webmd.com/diet/atkins-diet-what-it-is. Need some new meal ideas though as some days I struggle to eat meat and end up coming of my diet completely!

Sara
  • jillianash
    jillianash Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I sent you a friend request! I read through the atkins thing and it sounds similar to the South beach diet and to the kind of diet I have been eating lately as well.

Do you have pinterest? There is seriously all you could ever want for recipes on the site.

I am not much of a meal maker. I mostly just through together some meat and whatever veggies are in the fridge.
  • janicebinva
    janicebinva Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely a high-protein, low-carb type of person. The higher fat tends to come with the territory. This is the way I've lost weight in the past. It came back on when I started eating more and more bread, rice and potatoes along with other junk food.

I don't cook that much, so I don't have too many recipes. I have a few. Would still love to be friends if you would like.
  • marhia7
    marhia7 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am doing a low carb, high fat/protein diet as well. Would love some friends!!!
  • Its comforting to see so many other people following a low carb diet! I am fed up of being slated for it. I personally find this way of eating to be very healthy!! Would love to be friends with all of you!!
  • chatty826
    Options
    I lost 165lbs with Paleo I found it more sustainable than Atkins. Still need to loose 50 more. I suggest looking up paleo recipes too. They are low carb high protein higher fat but focus on real clean foods.

Feel free to add me here and on pinterest my email addy is justcallmepatty@gmail.com
  • DoraC55
    Options
    Yes, I need a diet buddy too. I'd like to lose around 20lbs too. Let's be in touch, aiming for approx 10 lbs by Xmas too, c'mon we can do this!!