I just did my first ever 5km (3.1 mile) run!

Options
Yeah it was in the gym on the treadmill and it did take 32 minutes but man it felt good :) Even though I've another bit of weight to lose it's safe to say at the young age of 20 I'm in the best shape of my life, albeit not a hard record to beat!

Replies

• rayvynn5374
    rayvynn5374 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I remember my first time as well. It was also on hte treadmill! Job Well Done!!!!! Keep it up
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE!!!!! :) you should be really proud of yourself :) xx:happy: :drinker:
  • sami_83
    sami_83 Posts: 161
    Options
    yay! you're a deadset champ :drinker: great work!!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    Awesome!....
  • Vlly4life15
    Vlly4life15 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!! It only gets better!!
  • moya_rargh
    moya_rargh Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Great stuff, well done! Keep it going as it gets addictive :)

I could only run 5k on a treadmill at the start of the year. I've now completed five 10km runs (outdoors) and I now have a justgiving page where I run every 1-2 months and raise money for a local children's hospice.

Running's great :)
  • kitinboots
    kitinboots Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Well done - and to do it in half an hour your first time is great too!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    well done and that is a great time! I am looking forward to my first real 5k in march - don't care if i have to crawl it but i am (a) gonna finish and (b) not be last:bigsmile:
  • candiceh3
    Options
    Well done!
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Trimi
    Trimi Posts: 57
    Options
    Congratulations! I remember my first 5K too, and I was even slower, at 35 minutes (of course, I was not 20 but almost 30, and weighted somewhere north of 240lbs). It's a great feeling, and it's wonderful to be able to run for 30+ minutes without stopping.

Congrats again, and keep it up.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Yeah it was in the gym on the treadmill and it did take 32 minutes but man it felt good :) Even though I've another bit of weight to lose it's safe to say at the young age of 20 I'm in the best shape of my life, albeit not a hard record to beat!

I've been running (again) for months, and just broke the 33 minute mark on the treadmill for my 5K. So 32 minutes is really good! Now work on speed intervals and you'll be under 30 mins in no time.
  • BendySpartan
    BendySpartan Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • keltoi93
    keltoi93 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies guys, did another 5k again today, it is addictive and a great way to start off a gym session before I move onto weights!

I've been running (again) for months, and just broke the 33 minute mark on the treadmill for my 5K. So 32 minutes is really good! Now work on speed intervals and you'll be under 30 mins in no time.

As for speed intervals what way do you recommend? I do a minute warm up, then stick it on 12km until I reach 1km distance by which time I end up switching it down to 10km as Im usually recked! The 5 minute cool down thing on the threadmills is great though :)
  • trimminit
    trimminit Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Woohoo!!! Well done. :)
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Good job!