Clean Eating Challenge

Options
Friends, I started a clean eating challenge today on my blog. If you are interested in the details please check it out....http://www.exercise2day.info.

Hope you have a great day!

Laura

Replies

• TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in eating clean and was wondering if you could help. I am a college student and am pretty broke:sad: , I only have like $200 a month for groceries:grumble: , can I afford to eat clean. I don't have alot of time to cook, can I still eat clean.
    Do you know of a good book that would out like clean eating and has a few meal plans to follow?
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    im up for it!
  • lkp24
    lkp24 Posts: 12
    Options
    TennVolsGal, I think you can eat clean on a budget. I'm not going to lie though, It does take planning. You buy things on sale, in bulk and freeze, in season, frozen, etc. One of my favorite books is the Eat Clean Diet. You should be able to find it at your local library. I also like clean eating magazine. There are tons of good recipes in there. Let me know if you have any other questions, I would love to try and help.

Reesepieces, glad to have you on board!

Laura
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in eating clean and was wondering if you could help. I am a college student and am pretty broke:sad: , I only have like $200 a month for groceries:grumble: , can I afford to eat clean. I don't have alot of time to cook, can I still eat clean.
    Do you know of a good book that would out like clean eating and has a few meal plans to follow?

$200 is ALOT for one person for food, you'll be fine. I only need to spend about $125 a month for both myself and my husband and that includes a tonne of veggies, apples, chicken and lot and lots of diet pepsi (yea, that's not clean but also not cheap so it’s just an example).
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I agree, $200 is a lot of money, for one person to spend on "eating clean" in one month.
    Buying in bulk is a great way to feed yourself on the cheap.
    Here are some other tips.

Four Tips to Start Eating Healthy for Less Today

1. Listen to Gandhi. Yes, Gandhi! He said that we should never mistake what is habitual for what is natural. Case in point: Some Chinese are very poor and yet they eat extremely well--small amounts of animal protein, with an abundance of vegetables.

2. Be willing to learn. We have to learn new ways of shopping and eating, new ways of ordering our priorities around our health and nutrition that supports our well-being, even if it is hard at the beginning.

3. Do your research. There are ways to find cheaper sources of produce, whole grains, beans, nuts, and lean animal protein. You just need to seek them out. It doesn't all have to be organic. Simply switching from processed foods to whole foods is a HUGE step in the right direction.

4. Make an effort. Eating healthy does take more planning. It may require you to find new places to hunt and gather for your family. You might have to reorder your priorities regarding where you spend your money and your time so that you can make healthier eating choices.
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options

cleaneating.com

its a free online mag that i get all the time
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    TennVolsGal, I think you can eat clean on a budget. I'm not going to lie though, It does take planning. You buy things on sale, in bulk and freeze, in season, frozen, etc. One of my favorite books is the Eat Clean Diet. You should be able to find it at your local library. I also like clean eating magazine. There are tons of good recipes in there. Let me know if you have any other questions, I would love to try and help.

Reesepieces, glad to have you on board!

Laura

Thanks a bunch I will see about getting the book!
  • lkp24
    Options
    Posting my meal plan for today:

B: Shakeology, 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    S: banana
    L: Lentil Soup, orange
    S: P90X bar
    D: chicken breast marinated w/ evoo, ime juice, garlic and cilantro and a huge spring sald w/ cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions, green olives and balsamic vinegarette.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I agree, $200 is a lot of money, for one person to spend on "eating clean" in one month.
    Buying in bulk is a great way to feed yourself on the cheap.
    Here are some other tips.

Four Tips to Start Eating Healthy for Less Today

1. Listen to Gandhi. Yes, Gandhi! He said that we should never mistake what is habitual for what is natural. Case in point: Some Chinese are very poor and yet they eat extremely well--small amounts of animal protein, with an abundance of vegetables.

2. Be willing to learn. We have to learn new ways of shopping and eating, new ways of ordering our priorities around our health and nutrition that supports our well-being, even if it is hard at the beginning.

3. Do your research. There are ways to find cheaper sources of produce, whole grains, beans, nuts, and lean animal protein. You just need to seek them out. It doesn't all have to be organic. Simply switching from processed foods to whole foods is a HUGE step in the right direction.

4. Make an effort. Eating healthy does take more planning. It may require you to find new places to hunt and gather for your family. You might have to reorder your priorities regarding where you spend your money and your time so that you can make healthier eating choices.
    :drinker:
  • lkp24
    Options
    My meal plan for today:
    B: Chocolate Shakeology w/ natural peanut butter
    S: hummus and pepper strips
    L: grilled chicken and salad
    S: celery w/ blue cheese crumbles
    ...D: grilled chicken, steamed veggies and grapes
    S: P90X Recovery Drink
  • designer72
    Options

Here is a link to a great website, hope i helps.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/224850-meal-plans-for-clean-eating/
  • sarakaufman
    sarakaufman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been reading about clean eating on mfp and hile shopping this weekend I found a mag. and I had to buy both of the ones they had and man theres a lot of info in here. holy cows. I am subscribing to it now. LOVE IT. :smile: