Insanity

Options
Starting Insanity tonight. I heard it can be poo on the knees. I am nervous about that. The guy who loaned it to me told me he doesn't know anyone who has been able to finish it or even last longer than a week. Can't wait for January when I can do a happy dance and tell him I was successful!

Replies

• lonnellj
    lonnellj Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck and hang in there. It is an awesome program, I completed it earlier in the year and lost several inches and about 10 pounds. Now I just do the workouts on my cardio days with P90X.
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I know people who have finished and are doing it again. Its really good for weightloss but you should still incorporate some weight lifting to keep your muscles.

I'm starting it again today with my coworkers. I had taken it home but they want to go for it so we are going to "Dig Deeper"

Good Luck
    Starting Insanity tonight. I heard it can be poo on the knees. I am nervous about that. The guy who loaned it to me told me he doesn't know anyone who has been able to finish it or even last longer than a week. Can't wait for January when I can do a happy dance and tell him I was successful!
  • mzenzer
    mzenzer Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Plenty of people here have finished it, several times over. Don't believe what you hear. It's like anything, just do what you can, and you will build yourself up at your own pace. Even if you can't go full tilt at first, perhaps your second round you can. If you have knee issues, then yeah be careful, but also be smart and wear good shoes and keep proper form and technique.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i just did the fitness test, and either side of my knees killed...but i can see how you improve after each session...all you have to do is try your best...good luck! i'll be joining you november 29th (that's when my gym closes)...i also have p90x...i figure once i figure out insanity i can do p90x and then a hybrid...
  • ahkunkel
    Options
    Good luck! I found that for me the intensity of the workout was too much to do every single day. So I would do one day Insanity, the next at the gym (doing cardio on the elliptical and free weight), the next day insanity, and the next day P90x cardio. The p90x cardio still burns calories and your working hard, but it isn't as hard as the insanity one because your not jumping ALL the time. I found that p90x i could do all the way through without feeling like I had to stop and vomit, but during insanity i had to stop every 15 minutes because I felt sick to my stomach. Good luck! It takes a lot of motivation and will power (which I'm sure you have) and I'll be excited to see your results in January!!
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options

I am just starting week 9 (last week of the program) and if I can do it anyone can do it. I was 256 when I started with two bad knees. Now down to 243 and dropping... Just do what you can and you will be fine. Work on pushing yourself just a little bit more each and every day.

Stu
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You all are so much more motivating than the guys I work with. :)

I am going with the theory that even if I can't do it perfect doing it almost is better than not doing at all.
  • fitnewlife
    Options
    Pay attention to your body, I had knee issues before too. But now, I don't even have the problems. Now my knee problems was because of my weight, so once I dropped the lbs, the pains went away.

You are going to love it and you don't have to do as much as they do. Besides, once you watch, you'll see how they have to stop during the workouts too. Don't be intimidated by what the nay sayers might say, take it from those who've done it and love it.

I am going with the theory that even if I can't do it perfect doing it almost is better than not doing at all.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I finished it and about two weeks after I finished I started my second round cause I missed it!! LOL

For me it's not my knees but my shins. I had to do it daily cause I wanted my free shirt. (the pics have to within the 63 days of Insanity).

I like live in my shirt! LOL They should so offer more stuff for every 63 days you complete it! LOL
  • mzenzer
    Options

That's not just a theory that is the philosophy of a lot of trainers from the various beach body products. You should go setup a free account at www.teambeachbody.com. You can put your Insanity workouts in a calendar and there are other tools available there as well.
  • mzenzer
    Options

That's not just a theory that is the philosophy of a lot of trainers from the various beach body products. You should go setup a free account at www.teambeachbody.com. You can put your Insanity workouts in a calendar and there are other tools available there as well.
  • mzenzer
    Options
    Oh and those people you work with, they are called "Crabs".

Read this you'll understand. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/128815-got-crabs?hl=got+crabs#posts-1748440
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I know people who have finished and are doing it again. Its really good for weightloss but you should still incorporate some weight lifting to keep your muscles.

I'm starting it again today with my coworkers. I had taken it home but they want to go for it so we are going to "Dig Deeper"

Good Luck

I haven't seen a muscle loss. I just see improvement in my muscles.

I'm tempted to do Charlean extreme next - Tony Horton just freaks me out too much hahahaha and it seems like P90X and Charlean Extreme are the same type of workout programs
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Tony's best advice..."Do your best and forget the rest"...you can do it! Don't let anyone else tell you otherwise!

Good luck!
    Sharon
  • fitnewlife
    Options
    I guess I felt I needed to lift more because I looked like I was getting skinny. So weights gave me more definition. Tony Horton isn't bad. I like P90X and ChaLean Extreme.

Good Luck

I haven't seen a muscle loss. I just see improvement in my muscles.

I'm tempted to do Charlean extreme next - Tony Horton just freaks me out too much hahahaha and it seems like P90X and Charlean Extreme are the same type of workout programs
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I liked Chalene Extreme much better as well. I was so much less intimidated by those workouts than by P90X...the idea of pull ups and chin ups freaked me out!
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hey i just started insanity yesturday and was woundering if you wanted to be buddies to help eachother out. An I have done like 3 weeks of it before but had to stop because of health reasons but now all is a go. So friend me if yes.
  • chrit4u
    Options
    I completed Insanity as well and found it to be extremely wonderful. I did not really lift weights with it because I gained mucsle with the workout. Youu can do it!!!!
  • luvz2bfitMOM
    Options
    yea i've seen muscle loss :( i feel like i'm stronger then before in most area and tightening in the toosh, but my shoulders and arms (though they have gotten smaller) are not as musclar as it was with p90x. i love insanity, you get a diffferent kind of results, but i really enjoyed it, the endurance training, the calorie burn......but i am missing the weights, ant wait to hit that up in a week!!!!

good luck.
  • jamie31
    jamie31 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

I have had 4 knee surgeries and have finished 3 rounds of insanity. Just be smart and use proper form and your knees will be fine