Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Favorite work out video

And why,
I am looking for somethiing that will shed pounds and tone tummy preferably, oh and legs too.
But would like to know which work out video worked for you, and how.. lost pounds?, inches, got fit, got strong, hard butt..lol.. anything

Replies

• Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    A calorie deficit will shed pounds, lifting will "tone". Most DVD's are pretty light but Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is pretty popular in cheaper range. If you have some money to spend look into Insanity.
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Mokey41 is right, shedding pounds is going to come from a calorie deficit. Diet will account for weight loss (although working out can help create the calorie deficit needed as long as you don't sabotage your efforts by overeating).

There are a lot of options out there - and a lot of it will come down to personal preference since a workout is only as effective as your willingness to DO the workout and the effort you put in!

There is a huge following for 30 Day Shred -- personally, I found it boring and I'm not a huge fan of Jillian Michaels.

BeFit Youtube channel has a lot of full-length workout videos. You can use it to "shop around" and see what kind of workout you want to do, what trainers you do/do not like before purchasing the actual workout systems.

Fitnessblender.com has a lot of free full-length HIIT workouts for people of all fitness levels. I'm a bit fan of HIIT, so I highly recommend checking out that site.

I really like Chalene Johnson as a trainer (she does Turbo Jam / Fire, Chalean Extreme, etc) but Insanity is the only workout that I've ever liked enough to stick through the whole program!

Good luck finding what works for you!
  • girlyfied
    girlyfied Posts: 10 Member
    I really only use DVDs for fitness, so I have lots of favorites. There's far more out there than most people realize. As the PP mentioned, it's important to find something you will enjoy doing. Check out sites like Collage Video and Total Fitness DVDs. They only sell fitness videos and each has a ton of clips. Video Fitness is a consumer site that has lots of reviews. Look around and see what's out there.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    you lose weight and inches in the kitchen...without a proper diet you won't lose anything.

I love insanity. but that' not for a beginner. 30 days shred is good i hear.. I have it, did it once and decided it was too easy.. In all fairness. I never really gave it a shot. Might revisit it after insantiy, just for something different..

But I also do Les Mills Body combat, turbo kick and Zumba. :~) Love them all! Esp combat!! I'm sure you can get them on DVD from somewhere!

If you want to tone, you should lift. That's what really changes my body.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    If you're a beginner, I recommend Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I'm pretty sure that at least Level 1 is free on youtube.

When I started it I was not exercising regularly and I promised myself the 30 days. On day 1, I could only get through 11 minutes before crumbling to the floor. The next day, I made sure to at least do a little bit of each exercise for the full 30 minutes. I kept adding on until I could do everything (it took the whole month). Then I moved onto Ripped in 30, and the rest is history. It's crazy how fast you can whip yourself into shape when you stick to it. Promise yourself 30 days and you will be hooked!