Ultra 90 weightloss/ Fenphedra

Options
I wanted to see if anyone has A- heard of it (not sure if its just around where I live) and B- have used it. I've heard nothing but great things from the reviews and people that have tried it but I wanted to check on here and see what people thought.
I recently purchased the three months supply of day and night and I JUST started taking it as directed.

I ask because someone I know tried fenphedra and had amazing results. She not only started taking that but completely altered her diet as well (which wasn't too drastic for her) and lost well over 100lbs. Ive debated it but am nervous about that one.

Any insight on either of these from anyone?

And please don't be judgemental about my choices - if you have nothing nice to say about my decision please keep it off this thread.

Replies

• AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    No... just no. All that is in that is a bunch of stimulants that will a.) keep you feeling wired and jittery all day and b.) will increase your heart and respiratory rates which can be dangerous to those with high blood pressure or other cardiac related illnesses and can increase your chances of having a heart attack. Even if you aren't aware of any illness you have it's still a gamble. There is no magic pill to weight loss. Eat right and move more.

Just read the "keep out of this thread" part. Whoops. Guess I'm just so passionate about people not using these harmful snake oils that I jumped the gun.
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

I ask because someone I know tried fenphedra and had amazing results. She not only started taking that but completely altered her diet as well (which wasn't too drastic for her) and lost well over 100lbs.

I'd focus on the second part and ignore the other stuff.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    In all seriousness, what is wrong with a calorie deficit and kicking butt in the gym?

and you want to know what people think but do not want anything negative?

well i consider concern for a person's well being positive whether they are happy to hear it or not.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    You will lose weight but if you stop taking the pills or "slip up" the weight will come back sevenfold.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options

if you have nothing nice to say about my decision please keep it off this thread.

that's not the way open forums work. If you want blanket acceptance of everything you say, you'll have to keep it to your wall.

And.... I've tried ephedrine. Heart palpitations are not my idea of fun. And it did NOTHING for weightloss. Your friend has lost weight because she changed her eating.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I guess since I can still type in the reply box, I will.

I don't agree with diet pills. It's snake oil and potentially harmful. What happens when you stop taking them? Assuming they don't mess you up, what have you learned about eating well by using them? Why not save money and just eat at a deficit. Look through the success threads. Plenty of people with 100+ to lose lost it by just eating less and moving more. I use their success to inspire my own. I know I'm not pooping the rainbows you wanted but please don't go down the diet pill path. :flowerforyou:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    lol @ nothing nice to say.

here's what a quick google search rendered me...

"Fenphedra is chock-full of caffeine. Really, really potent caffeine. This can increase your heart rate until your chest feels funny and you feel jittery and anxious. It can also increase your heart rate until it becomes dangerous.It's not really a diet pill. It's pretty much pure stimulant mixed in with other ingredients with questionable effectiveness. It's unregulated and not approved by the FDA.Look, you may not like hearing it, but otc diet pills are at best scams and at worst unsafe. Losing 10 lbs in 6 weeks is a perfectly healthy and normal amount of weight to lose and you can do that on your own, and do it really, really easily, without spending money on these pills and putting your health in jeopardy. Really, you can do it on your own."

sounds like this one's not worth the money either.

a quick question for YOU now...

why are you asking this AFTER having purchased a 3mo supply?
    seems to me you've put the cart before the horse.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    What they said.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    lol @ nothing nice to say.

here's what a quick google search rendered me...

"Fenphedra is chock-full of caffeine. Really, really potent caffeine. This can increase your heart rate until your chest feels funny and you feel jittery and anxious. It can also increase your heart rate until it becomes dangerous.It's not really a diet pill. It's pretty much pure stimulant mixed in with other ingredients with questionable effectiveness. It's unregulated and not approved by the FDA.Look, you may not like hearing it, but otc diet pills are at best scams and at worst unsafe. Losing 10 lbs in 6 weeks is a perfectly healthy and normal amount of weight to lose and you can do that on your own, and do it really, really easily, without spending money on these pills and putting your health in jeopardy. Really, you can do it on your own."

sounds like this one's not worth the money either.

a quick question for YOU now...

why are you asking this AFTER having purchased a 3mo supply?
    seems to me you've put the cart before the horse.

Yup. If it ends in "edra" or "edrine" it's likely full of ephedrine or ephedra which is synthetic adrenaline. ...Think pseudo that they use in crystal meth. Why do you think that is?
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options

if you have nothing nice to say about my decision please keep it off this thread.

that's not the way open forums work. If you want blanket acceptance of everything you say, you'll have to keep it to your wall.

And.... I've tried ephedrine. Heart palpitations are not my idea of fun. And it did NOTHING for weightloss. Your friend has lost weight because she changed her eating.

Yep. You're an adult, so you'll have to be open to those who HAVE tried it and are warning you away from it. I took diet pills in my early college days. It killed my appetite, but I felt so horrible on them I stopped after 3 weeks. My heart would thump hard, or speed up, and I wasn't able to sleep.

Even if you lose weight with it, you're going to gain it right back once you stop taking it. You have to have a LIFESTYLE change for permanent results.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options

And please don't be judgemental about my choices - if you are going to give me an honest answer and not tell me what I want to hear please keep it off this thread.

Fixed that for you...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    ANY program will work with calorie deficit and if one follows the program. The problem is doing it FOR LIFE. If you don't think you're going to eat the way they condone for the rest of your life, then like ALL diet programs it's just going to be a temporary fix.
    Can't tell you the countless times I get clients asking me about the "newest" way to lose weight and just having to repeat to them that there isn't a "new" way, but a different money making way.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • pittsjg
    pittsjg Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have no problems with supplements, some actually do work. I'm guessing fenphedera is named after/similar to ephedra, which has been shown to work. That makes it suspicious, but does not rule out it possibly having an effect on metabolism.

One of the biggest questions is always what does it actually do, and how. When you see a supplement combined with a "completely altered diet" it becomes a question of what was actually producing the results, the product or the mentioned change in diet (a decreased calorie is beyond proven to alter body composition).

Supplements can be tough that way. Have there been any studies conducted by independent sources?

I've heard of the effectiveness of the ECA stack (ephedrine, caffeine, and aspirin), but have never used it myself, Yohimbine has (I believe) been shown to have a metabolic effect, but only when taken in a fasted state. These products can also be dangerous though, but that seems to be the case with most things that alter the body in some way (actually work).

Then you have to consider if this product is containing some ingredients actually proven to work, at what doses were this ingredients proven to work, and does the product contain a sufficient dosage to emulate the results shown in the study?

The supplement industry is a tricky and sometimes deceitful industry. Two things I look out for is herbal products names similar to actual drugs or banned supplements or ones that show a "proprietary blend" rather then actually listing the ingredients and amounts. These are just warning signs though, and don't necessarily prove the products ineffectiveness.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    It's a stimulant. It *can* cause all kinds of health issues (mainly heart related). Why not just lose weight the boring way? Eat less and move more. Losing weight is never the issue, keeping it off is. Without changing your actual eating habits, you'll gain it all back anyways.

Cocaine and meth are cheaper. Me personally? I value my heart and would like to keep it awhile.
  • powerpuffgirl66
    powerpuffgirl66 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I took the ECA stack (ephedrine, caffeine, asprin) for about a year. I definitely felt neurotic once it hit (thanks to the over stimulation). I felt sick to my stomach, I couldn't sleep well. This did eventually subside. I lost 30 lbs, though I was often told I looked sick. The stack also messed up by mind. I felt depressed. I honestly felt like I was going crazy at times. I had to stop.

But guess what happened when I stopped taking them... I gained it all back and then some within a year. As other posters have mentioned, you don't learn how to eat well and care for your body. It is a quick fix. It is not maintainable. The beauty of losing weight the old fashioned way (diet and exercise), is that you acquire important skills along the way to ensure success in the long term. You also improve your health. Weightloss should be a side effect of adopting a healthful lifestyle. A quick fix is only temporary.
  • pittsjg
    pittsjg Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Even as a stimulate, just saying if it does noticeably increase metabolism, it still can not cause weight loss in the absence of a calorie deficit?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    No... just no. All that is in that is a bunch of stimulants...

Sign me up!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Cocaine and meth are cheaper.

Where do you live? :wink:
  • kmcarlson88
    kmcarlson88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    nooooo you weren't bashing ME .... thats what I didn't want was people to bash ME.
    you were non offensive =]
  • kmcarlson88
    kmcarlson88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wanted to keep the bashing away from ME personally. not the products. you can bash the product all you want