Feeling poorly

Options
Hi all - I have been suffering with a cold that doesn't seem to be letting go any time soon. I have lost my voice, feel achy and more than a little sorry for myself. Rather than doing what I have done in the past and working out through it I am taking a break - I am resting, eating and drinking more and just giving my body time to recover..

This is a very precarious time though and I am a little worried I'll just coast until Christmas - any words of encouragement? Advice?

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Hi Hazel, it is going around, I am still snuffling but the sore throat has gone at last

Rest and eat or drink what takes your fancy, in my case I lost my appetite but found hot rum toddies sort of helped, but did spend a couple of lazy days wrapped up on the sofa

Lemsip for breakfast also helped

Get well soon
  • hazeljordan1974
    hazeljordan1974 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That makes me feel better...

It must be a "South coast sickness" I guess - I am drinking hot blackcurrant, eating soothers and just being kind to myself - I really don't think a week off is going to do me any harm - in fact I reckon that when I go back to the gym I'll have more energy.
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Take your rest. Your body needs it. Don't let it become an excuse. There is no reason for you to coast on it through December.

Make it an active rest week if you can, very light activity like walking or maybe stretching. Perhaps take the time that you would be working out to do some research and improve your regimen.
  • hazeljordan1974
    hazeljordan1974 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Take your rest. Your body needs it. Don't let it become an excuse. There is no reason for you to coast on it through December.

Make it an active rest week if you can, very light activity like walking or maybe stretching. Perhaps take the time that you would be working out to do some research and improve your regimen.

Thank you for your responses - I think rest is in order, I have been working pretty darned hard and I think the gym would stop my recovery. A week is not going to kill my regime and I actually think it will help it.

I think the stretching might be an idea - I'll do that this afternoon.
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options

The research thing is a really good idea! keeps your brain exercising...