20 pounds in four months possible?

Options
2»

Replies

• dun4990
    dun4990 Posts: 17
    Options
    TOTALLY possible! Easily as a matter of fact! Count calories, measure & weigh your foods, increase cardio too! Ive lost 9 in the last month & im close to my goal! You can totally do this if you set your mind to it!!

10 pounds in a year is a SMALL amount though, so i wonder if you are serious about this? I lost 80 in a year! You have to WORK HARD! Nothing is just going to "happen" !!!

She's doing plenty of cardio. I'd recommend adding weight training as well if anything is to be added.

I'd still like to know if that's 1300 total cals in per day, or if it is supplemented with exercise cals.

Plus, these are the last 20lbs, the closer to goal weight, the slower the lbs come off.

I am using machines and I eat back my calories!

Ok, the other I'd throw out there is make sure you don't overestimate exercise calories...MFP (and people in general) are pretty bad about that.

IMHO, if you've been at this for a year, I'd start to wean off the machines toward the free-weight area.

I don't put in the complete time I workout. Example: if I run/walk for an hour, I will put 30 minutes into MFP.
  • exealous
    exealous Posts: 10
    Options
    TOTALLY possible! Easily as a matter of fact! Count calories, measure & weigh your foods, increase cardio too! Ive lost 9 in the last month & im close to my goal! You can totally do this if you set your mind to it!!

10 pounds in a year is a SMALL amount though, so i wonder if you are serious about this? I lost 80 in a year! You have to WORK HARD! Nothing is just going to "happen" !!!

She's doing plenty of cardio. I'd recommend adding weight training as well if anything is to be added.

I'd still like to know if that's 1300 total cals in per day, or if it is supplemented with exercise cals.

Plus, these are the last 20lbs, the closer to goal weight, the slower the lbs come off.

Definitely this! Lift heavy and you will see the inches melt away! :) However if you do start weight training you will have to re-evaluate your food intake.
  • nevergiveup51
    nevergiveup51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I only lost 20 lbs in 4 months not good enough for me I am going back to WW I lost much faster on that program so disappointed and I go to the gym 3 days a week what a waste. I should have stayed on WW and did the gym, last time I lost on WW never exercised and still lost not happy with MFP
  • ttwalker87
    ttwalker87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    To all of you losing 20, 30, 40 or even 50 lbs in 3 or 4 months I'm in awe! I'm trying to lose 40 lbs in 6 months and that seems almost unattainable! I'm trying to stay motivated and am glad to see other people have done it, let's me know I may be able to do it too!