No More Waiting

Options
I have been waiting to lose weight.
Waiting until I had the money and the time to join a gym.
Waiting until I ate all the bad food in the kitchen to buy healthy food.
Waiting until I felt less stressful.
Waiting until after the holidays.
Waiting until I get over a cold.
Waiting until the I get a new job.
Waiting...waiting...waiting...
Don't wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions.
So what.
I will get started now!
With each step I take, I will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful

Replies

• AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Welcome to MFP! It's a wonderful community!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    NO more waiting! Welcome! It costs nothing to eat a little less and move a little more. Go do that and watch the changes! :flowerforyou:
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    GOOD!

Waiting assumes you'll have time in the future. You never know when it all ends.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
  • CamillaHerold
    CamillaHerold Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Every single day is a gift and a chance to do better than yesterday! Congratulations on your choices today, and I wish you total success!!
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I had several years of, "I'll start tomorrow". Tomorrow finally came when I went to buy weight watchers on-line and my daughter said,"try this first". MFP worked for me! Follow the guidelines and it will work for you too! Good luck!
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    There's no better time to start than right this minute.
  • knobby300
    Options
    :laugh: I cannot count how many of those excuses I have used myself. Just started 10 days ago and have managed to log all foods for those days and hope it to be a habit and a regular part of my day.
  • lkniebuehler
    Options
    Good for you!! You can do it!! Feel free to add me as a friend so we can help motivate each other and swap ideas!!
  • mindovermuffins
    Options
    Thank you for responding. I see that you are new to this website too. Good luck on your journey.

You have two beautiful reasons to reclaim your life...your children are adorable.

Good luck to you.

You can friend me if you want some support and encouragement.
  • phyl303
    phyl303 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great Attitude!! You can do it!

And amen to this:
    NO more waiting! Welcome! It costs nothing to eat a little less and move a little more. Go do that and watch the changes! :flowerforyou:
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've used to excuses. Either to begin a diet or begin a diet AGAIN after going off the reservation (that would be right now lol). Good for you to finally say enough is enough and just do it! So good for you in fact that I feel like starting right now (again) too! We can do this!! Feel free to add me if you want some extra encouragement on your journey!
  • BokBagok
    BokBagok Posts: 345
    Options
    Love your attitude! I came to similar realizations not too long ago which led me here. Feel free to friend me!
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: welcome aboard new member! yes, now is the time to start! I will send you a friend request & perhaps we can encourage & support each other!
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Great post! You got this :wink:
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bump

50540473.png
  • helmurph
    Options
    Great to see the support, my sister put me on to this after I've spent the last 2 years partying while travelling. First day for me too, we'll see how it goes!