Has anyone lost weight by just maintaining calorie goal??

zd04
zd04 Posts: 1,160 Member
Hey friends, I want to see results of weight loss by just maintaining calorie goals. As I am an architecture student, It became very hard to workout everyday but I manage to do it twice or thrice in a week but it is also not certain. So Can anyone show me results of their weightloss by maintaining 1200calories!!!
Thanks for your support...:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Krecob
    Krecob Posts: 86 Member
    Yes, however it was in the end a situation where I looked great with clothes on but in order to look great naked I need to start adding weight lifting and a little cardio for health! I lost 15lbs by just watching what I ate and moving a little more throughout the day .
  • zd04
    ohh that's not bad....thank you... :)
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    my calorie goal is 1700 which I am usually at 1800 or 1900 and still losing. I lift 3x a week and that's it.
  • walkerkt00
    walkerkt00 Posts: 32 Member
    I have lost 25 lbs with mainly eating. I started strong with exercise 2-3 x week but I'm a full time student with two kids so it was hard to maintain. I stick with a 1300 calories goal and still lose 1-2 lbs a week. You can do it with just eating right, but I agree that somewhere down the line you will want to build up your muscles to obtain your dream body :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I lost my first 15 - 20 Lbs just by hitting my calorie goals. I started exercising right around the 200 Lb mark as I not only wanted to lose my fat, I also wanted to be healthier overall and re-gain my fitness that I used to have as a former athlete and Marine.

Regular exercise is very important to your overall health and well being...and keep in mind, contrary to popular belief and what many people do (over-train), you don't have to exercise for hours on end..a solid cardio workout can be had in 20 - 30 minutes and a solid lifting routine can be done in 30 - 45...less if you really focus solely on compound movements. The only reason to be training for hour is if you are training for an actual event/competition or something...most people who do workout like this are over-training and don't have a clue as to how to actually have an intelligent fitness regimen to will allow them to sustain that kind of training injury free...and no clue as to properly fueling that activity.
  • I have gone from 265-270 in 2/2013 to 225 presently by staying away from starches (bread, pastas, potatoes, and, of course, sugar) as much as possible. I try to stay with meats and raw/steamed veggies. I don't weigh my food, but I try to stay around 1500 calories.

Before
    1e1c3d7fe20df008541c8e993b2d07e3.jpg

Now
    87db98361ec4a546ba1af3cf2f6674b5.jpg

My current goal is 200. I have no particular timeframe, I just want to make steady progress.
  • zd04
    Ohh...that's awesome...Thank you so much everyone...
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    I have, too. Goal of 1450 Cals. I do lift heavy, but I was doing that for a year previous to trying to lose weight, so no new exercise for me.
  • I've lost weight by merely counting calories. I'm a diabetic, so for my health,
    I eat for the Primal/Paleo lifestyle: no grains or other starchy foods,and light on the dairy foods.
    When I started in July, I chose a first goal of 260 pounds,
    which was 55 pounds down from my starting weight of 315.
    I calculated the Basic Metabolic Weight for that goal weight, which was 1800 calories per day.
    I have lost 44+ pounds, even though I cannot exercise.
    I will start walking when moving around is becoming easier.

As a student, you can get in a daily workout by parking your car on the far side of the campus,
    the shopping mall, the apartment complex, & etc., and by taking ALL the stairs, everywhere!

Best wishes for your weight loss journey!
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Everyone has pretty much pointed out that weight loss is definitely feasible by simply cutting calories. However, you can probably sneak in exercise throughout your day without spending much time at it. Check out exercises to do at your desk (while you do homework, maybe?) and spend 15 minutes walking at a fast pace at some point. Some days I don't have time to spend a full hour at one time but I can usually sneak in 15 minutes at several points during the day. Something is better than nothing in my book!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!