Do measurements really encourage you?

Options
I've been at this for about a month now and have noticed a huge difference in my clothes. I need some more motivation to keep me encouraged and I wondered if measurements really encourage you to keep going? Any support or suggestion to keep me going is appreciated. Thank you all!!

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Yes measurements are encouraging. You might be the only person that sees the weight on the scale go down but everyone can see your measurements go down.
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    yes they do, I know its very encouraging to put the numbers in here and see that you have lost...as they said only you can see the scale but everyone can see the clothes getting looser. congrats on your weight loss..:happy: :drinker:
  • ADJulie
    ADJulie Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Measuring really helps me. I have lost more inches than I have pounds. I measure every three or four weeks.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    If you are losing inches - it seems more real. I know that I look thinner because I've gone from a size 16 dress pants to a size 8 (just ordered 6's last week because the 8's are beginning to sag on me now). How can you ignore that kind of reduction? So, I just started doing measurements (last week) and measured again tonight - my butt and neck are the same as last week (wednesday I think), but my waist has reduced by 1 inch (and I'm bloated due to having eaten chili for 2 days - love chili in the fall and winter). To me there is no greater way to measure my progress. Others are commenting every day how "thin" I'm getting. I'm getting the "warnings" too about "don't get too thin." and "shouldn't you stop losing now?" I just slid into the not "over" category on BMI, so still have a ways to go. So, yes, I suggest you take measurements - weekly. And then keep one pair of "big" pants around just to "try" on every now and then. You will be doing the HAPPY DANCE when you see how loose they are in a few weeks. I tried on a pair of size 14's a few nights ago and I honestly was swimming in them. Such a great feeling when that happens.

Blessings as you work towards being a healthier and happier you.

Vickie
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Much more than the scale.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    The scale can lie :tongue: Measurements are definitely the way to go! I wish I had of been measuring from the beginning, but I know as my clothes fit better I knew I was losing inches. Remember, if you're exercising, you're also building muscle which weighs more than fat, so that's why the scale lies. It doesn't know what you've been doing
  • lesandrara
    Options
    I agree measurements are encouraging. I find that watching your clothes get bigger is the biggest boost! It makes me wanna work out harder as well as remain consistent with my eating.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    measurements is the best way to track your progress! Doing good! Next is looking in the mirror daily,do you see what your looking for! Be sure to visualize final goal to achieve it! Day at a time....Good luck!!:wink:
  • amyelle
    Options
    As you can see by my ridiculous weight loss that measurenments are the way forward for me, I am def slimmer and my stomach is in better shape now than pre-pregancy 1 yr ago!! I put on a top today and cant believe how good it looks on! I look and stare in the mirror everyday and visualise what I want to look like/how I used to look!

amy