Thoughts about new testing/training device?

Options
I was on Facebook and it suggested a page for a new testing/training aid device, after investigating the campaign I think this is a pretty neat concept, but do you think it could actually work? I'm always skeptical about fancy electronic devices.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/skulpt-aim-world-s-first-device-to-measure-muscle-fitness-with-one-touch/

P.S. I don't represent this campaign, just a curious fit-nut searching for new ways to monitor progress on my journey :)

Replies

• misskaela206
    Options
    anyone?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    meh. 99% of the time people aren't really about figuring out what their BF% is. They might think they are but really what they are getting at is how they look in the mirror.

Any number they are given is met with "Well, I guess I need to keep cutting till I get to {random % where they believe they will like how they look in the mirror}" or "I think you're measuring device is off, because surely I'm not {whatever % they believe is too high based on how they look in the mirror}"

And dafuq is muscle quality and how dafuq is it differentiated from BF%?

Anyhoo, if the device is equal to or greater than the accuracy of calipers and easier to use, then i guess that's worth something. But until I can get this 3rd ab to show in the mirror I don't really care what my BF% is.