The 3 day diet- has anyone ever tried this...

Options
Was wondering if anyone would like to do the 3 day diet with me. I'm looking to jump start my weight loss. After this I will maintain by eating a balanced diet. HELP!! Has anyone ever tried this diet.

Replies

• Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    No, what is it?
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm curious to find out what the 3 day diet is as well..
  • maz123
    maz123 Posts: 63
    Options
    i'm also curious! and possibly interested
  • TamekaBohorquez
    TamekaBohorquez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    They say it is a chemical breakdown diet.... you eat certain foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner for three days. Then you go off for four and back on for three if you wish. 1 day looks like this... slice toast w/ peanut butter, blk coffee or tea....... lunch: 1/2 cup tuna w/ 1 slice toast w/ blk coffee or tea....... dinner.... 3 ozs meat w/ carrots, green beans, vanilla ice cream, apple.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Yss I have tried it....and you can lose up to 10lbs in 3 days: It isn't easy....and you feel hungry. So I don't know if is the best choice....burning more calories than you eat would be a better choice. But if lossing abit of weight quickly will motivate you then by all means try it.....but belive me when I say that they will be a very long three days... Good Luck !!!

This is what the 3 day diet looks like :

Day 1

Breakfast

Black coffee or tea, with 1-2 packets Sweet & Low or Equal

1/2 grapefruit or juice

1 piece toast with 1 tablespoon peanut butter

Lunch

1/2 cup tuna

1 piece toast

Dinner

3 ounces any lean meat or chicken

1 cup green beans

1 cup carrots

1 apple

1 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Day 2

Breakfast

1 egg

1/2 banana

1 piece toast

Lunch

1 cup cottage cheese or tuna

8 regular saltine crackers

Dinner

2 beef franks

1 cup broccoli or cabbage

1/2 cup carrots

1/2 banana

1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream

Day 3

Breakfast

5 regular saltine crackers

1 ounce cheddar cheese

1 apple

Lunch

1 boiled egg

1 piece toast

Dinner

1 cup tuna

1 cup carrots

1 cup cauliflower

1 cup melon

1/2 cup regular vanilla ice cream
  • fullagrace
    Options
    My boss did this like 2 weeks ago and only lost 2.4 pounds, not his goal of 10. He gained it back in the following 2 days as well. lol
  • DoreenN
    Options
    I did this diet a long time ago and only lost 1 lb. I then joined a gym and ate in moderation and exercised 5 days a week and lost 35 lbs. Fad diets like these dont work. And even if you do lose those 10 lbs from the diet, trust me you will quickly gain it all back
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    One of my coworkers did it last year, lost 9lbs in those 3 days, but it came right back on during her 4 days off it. Plus she was miserably hungry & pretty mean, too :indifferent:
  • I have done the 3 day diet and I lost 8.5 lbs! I gained 2 of the 8.5 lbs back, but kept off the rest. You really have to tailor your eating habits or I am sure you will gain it all back. I am currently doing the HCG diet and have lost 18 lbs in two weeks! Google it.
  • meka_09_10
    meka_09_10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    my mom tried that diet and lost weight...it didn't work for me though but it was probably because i wasn't active enough...and of course everyones body is different..i say give a try it just might work for you =) ..now that i'm working out i'm really thinking about trying it again.
  • meka_09_10
    meka_09_10 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    [
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Not for me. I don't eat ice cream and don't care for franks. This is a very low calory diet and it will interfere with my workouts. No enough fuel in my body.

I am planning to do tomorrow a meat, bread, grain, and dairy free day. Just vegetables, beans, salad, tofu, fruits and a couple of protein drinks during the day, and water. My workout tomorrow is light, so I think that I can do it but if I feel weak or light headed, then I will incorporate additional food.
  • tigerrohr1969
    Options
    I have heard about this diet.....what if you don't like...tuna...grapefruit...or ice cream?
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    My best guesstimate is that this represents about 800 calories a day. It's not going to kill you, but you may feel tired, cranky and lightheaded. Not strongly recommended.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    All I know is on Day 3 of this infamous diet, I was hooked up to IV fluids in the hospital. The nurse just clicked her mouth and rolled her eyes when I showed her the 'diet' printed out. She said I was the 3rd person they had seen that week doing this.

That was 20 years ago, but I don't think much has changed from then.

In my humble opinion: Eat right and exercise more is the best advice in the world!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    LA WEIGHT Loss had a 3 day Take off Phase diet that was pretty easy and helped jump start your diet and took away the bloating feeling but I can't get my hands on it! I know I saved it but where can it be in this house of mine??? if someone out there has it share!!!

it was something like 3 oranges a day any green raw veggie chicken or steak or eggs and only light dressing... and the best part was you could eat unitl you were full- no portion size...
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Britters1283
    Options
    I tried it and it worked great but I was starving the whole time and it made me a cranky jerk to be around. I don't recommend it unless it's recommeded by your doctor.
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I would want to stab somebody with that three day plan.
    I find that once I recommit to my diet, I naturally lose a bunch of water weight the first week.
    Thus, I've jump started the whole process.
  • KnoellLori
    Options
    The diet is actually 2 oranges, 2 eggs, any lean meats and veggies which are green only. Unlimited water w/a squeeze of lemon and green tea. One diet soda is allowed. I did this one to two days every week and ate healthy the rest of the week and lost 30 lbs. It's super tough and the food bores me sooo much I chose to barely eat at all but the weight loss is worth it. The loss shows up the morning of the fourth day. I did it most recently and lost 9 lbs in three days. condiments are allowed in moderation (light mayo, etc).