Is 6000 calories of organic kale considered "junk food"?

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Hmm, never heard anyone use calories to define "junk food" before. But, then I've also never heard anyone expect a food to be the single supplier of every nutrient needed in order not to be called "junk food".
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    just curious. if you ingested 6000 calories in 1 day. clearly this would cause you to gain weight, right? therefore it must be "junk food". also, by itself it's lacking many vital nutrients.

:huh:

Sounds like it wouldnt fit in my macros.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I can only imagine the explosion that would follow such a binge meal
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how on earth you were going to manage to eat that.

But I did find someone who can eat 6000+ calories of kale in a day.

http://tinyurl.com/mjrprk (sfw)
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    If you wanted to $h!t yourself, why not just take Ali...
    I heard it done wonders in that department
    Save all those calories!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Why would you subject yourself to such torture? Replace the Kale with bacon and you will be the happiest human alive.

Bacon-42.jpg
    Agreed, down with kale, up with bacon. :love:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    just curious. if you ingested 6000 calories in 1 day. clearly this would cause you to gain weight, right? therefore it must be "junk food". also, by itself it's lacking many vital nutrients.

INCORRECT! If you burn 6,000 calories a day (my son is a swimmer and has 3% bodyfat) you WOULD NOT gain weight. In fact its very possible he would LOSE weight off 6,000 calories so he has to eat more!

So umm! Oooooh I OWNED U!!

I'm giving everybody 3 guesses as to how I know this is bovine feces...
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    yum, all that junk foodie kale . . . :angry:
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Oh god the poop
  • Arbeidslyst
    Options
    Do it and tell me what happens.

Either diarrhea or constipation... not sure which.

Since diarrhea is one potential symptom of constipation, you could very well end up with both.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I consider it a "diarrhea food" if you eat that much.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    If I ingested 6 thousand calories of kale in one day I would die from an overload of nastiness.
    Exactly. That is, if it even possible to ingest 26 pounds of greens in a day. I don't think it is.
  • ldula88
    ldula88 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    "Junk food" doesn't mean high calorie, and it isn't junk food because you gain weight eating it. You can eat junk food and not gain weight if you stay under a certain calorie level. "Junk food" means not natural, processed foods full of chemicals and preservatives. So no, kale, even 6000 calories of kale, cannot be considered junk food.
  • anwylyd_un
    anwylyd_un Posts: 164 Member
    Options

INCORRECT! If you burn 6,000 calories a day (my son is a swimmer and has 3% bodyfat) you WOULD NOT gain weight. In fact its very possible he would LOSE weight off 6,000 calories so he has to eat more!

With a megadose of vit K like that he'd be lucky to live long enough - a great recipe for a clot-induced heart attack or stroke!
  • 87monkey
    87monkey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    binging on kale? never had the urge to do that before lol.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    If I ingested 6 thousand calories of kale in one day I would die from an overload of nastiness.
    Exactly. That is, if it even possible to ingest 26 pounds of greens in a day. I don't think it is.

But, but... 26 pounds of greens is not good for you! Therefore, 1 pound of greens is not good for you!

Because science!
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with kale, but you would have to eat an awful lot of it to get 6000s calories.
  • sanderdejonge
    sanderdejonge Posts: 415 Member
    Options

3%?! That's shockingly low. Hard to believe it's not bull.

Edit:
    He should have more body fat, even if his body fat % is in the 1 digits. In fact, his results will increase; buoyancy.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    "Junk food" doesn't mean high calorie, and it isn't junk food because you gain weight eating it. You can eat junk food and not gain weight if you stay under a certain calorie level. "Junk food" means not natural, processed foods full of chemicals and preservatives. So no, kale, even 6000 calories of kale, cannot be considered junk food.

Well, I'm glad someone here has a handle on the whole junk food vs. health food debate.

• Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    I am obsessed with kale, but you would have to eat an awful lot of it to get 6000s calories.
    26.85 LBS.