step tracker

Options
kkimpel
kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
Hello,
I'm back again... 14 lbs heavier than I was last time I said hello... maybe 6 months ago.

My fitbit died and I want to look into a new tracker as I start "anew"

Any ideas for a good one.. I'd really like one that said, "Get off your fat butt, woman.. go out for a walk." every time I decided to walk to the candy drawer.

Here's my current excuse... went from a walking around job to a sitting on my fat butt job... So I need a nanny tracker to remind me to take a walk.

My banner once said "60 lbs lost" ... now it does not.. sigh BUT here I go again.

Replies

• lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I use a fitbit and like it. It only nags if you look at it though!
  • kkimpel
    kkimpel Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    have you tried the newer one.. Zip? My little black one that I love has been washed.. and they don't make it anymore..
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit One. I've had it a year and it's going strong. I recently bought my son a Fitbit Flex (he loves it) and they now make the Force which displays stats on the wristband itself.
  • meerkat2012
    meerkat2012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i use omron walking style 3-i think its pretty accurate . Each day it does seem to give me reliable results-when i havent moved much and have been sitting in uni all day it says ive only done around 2000-4000 steps and when i walk later in the evening it seems to give me the right distance pretty much. This one you put in your height, weight and stride length and you can carry it in your pocket and it still works fine( no annoying clips that drop off). Ive tried a few other pedometres before and they were very inaccurate but so far this one seems good :)
  • shscruggs82
    Options
    i use shealth on my android phone...it seems farely accurate, I just wish it was compatible with myfitnesspal so I didnt have to put it in manually.
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit one. Started with the Ultra, which failed under warranty and was replaced with the one. No issues so far, works great. I really like the weekly reports, that's what I use to calculate my TDEE and set my calories based on my average calorie burn.