SUPPLEMENTS FOR WEIGHT LOSS?

Options
Does anyone here take any supplements for weight loss?

B4, HydroxyCut, Alli, Rasberry Keytones, Green Tea Pills, etc?

Any success in helping the weight loss mission (paired with better eating and cardio of course)?

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Nope. Unless you count protein powder.
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

^^ What he said .... and/or creatine.

Anything good has been banned by the FDA anyway.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Any success in helping the weight loss mission (paired with better eating and cardio of course)?

just do the deficit and exercise part.
    no need to pair that with anything.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

^^ What he said .... and/or creatine.

Anything good has been banned by the FDA anyway.
    ^^^Yep....Why does it have to be "cardio of course?"
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I don't comment on suppliments unless I've taken them. That being said.

-B4, gave me energy similar to a pre workout but nothing else. Didn't notice effects good enough to warrent continued purchase

-Rasberry Keytones, didn't notice anything at all

-Green Tea Pills, these did the most as the ones I took were full of caffene. Gave me energy and made me pee a lot

-Fat Blocker, not sure as to the benefits as I only took it on cheat meals but I will say that a few days after the meal I had the best poop of my LIFE!!!

-Carb Blocker, felt less then the fat blocker without the glorious poop
  • Taterpoof
    Taterpoof Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I use whey protein powder and creatine while lifting, but not for weight loss. Just to enhance my workouts and help reach my protein goal for the day. Other than that, I would stay away from anything that claims to make you lose weight. Reasonable calorie deficit and exercise is the best thing for sustainable weight loss.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Er, no.

They don't work.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

Or a multi-vitamin.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Does anyone here take any supplements for weight loss?

B4, HydroxyCut, Alli, Rasberry Keytones, Green Tea Pills, etc?

Weight lifting.

Supplements only make your wallet lighter.
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats good diet and exercise. 5 years ago I could shed 4 pounds on diet and/or exercise alone (as long as I was up to it). But as a 30 year + woman, I have found that a little help: multi-vitamin, vit C helps me lose weight easier. Some herbal tea when I'm retaining water. Some would say a healthy diet should supplement everything you need, but it's hard to count every micro-nutrient every day + preparing 3 healthy/perfect meals and snacks per day is more than I can handle. But whatever you decide, be careful, there are scams out there. Prefer natural, scientifically proven supplements.
  • RinnyLush
    RinnyLush Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Years and years ago I tried hydroxycut and it was actually pretty scary. I was only on it for about 5 days and my heart was racing, I was nauseous all the time, and I couldn't sleep for the life of me. I flushed them down the toilet and haven't taken a weight-loss supplement since. I should also add that this while I was being treated for an eating disorder and my heart was fragile anyway.

Now, I stick to good old fashioned healthy eating and regular exercise and activities. It does the trick not only for my weight, but also my self-esteem and overall health. Sometimes I'll mix a little whey into a smoothie if i need a protein boost, but that's about it in terms of 'substances'. At THIS point I should add that I have been in successful recovery from my eating disorder for a few years now.

=)
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Nothing beats good diet and exercise. 5 years ago I could shed 4 pounds on diet and/or exercise alone (as long as I was up to it). But as a 30 year + woman, I have found that a little help: multi-vitamin, vit C helps me lose weight easier. Some herbal tea when I'm retaining water. Some would say a healthy diet should supplement everything you need, but it's hard to count every micro-nutrient every day + preparing 3 healthy/perfect meals and snacks per day is more than I can handle. But whatever you decide, be careful, there are scams out there. Prefer natural, scientifically proven supplements.
    PS: Green tea (not pills) give me energy (replacement of afternoon coffee cup). Vit B supplements tend to boost my metabolism AND my appetite :ohwell:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Calories give you energy. That's what calories are.
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    OxyElite Pro - original version - very helpful as a thermogenic and weight loss!

OR

ACID and HEAT by Magnum Neutracuticals (spelling)

I also recommend a good digestive protein powder (Muscle Tech Phase 8)

Fish Oils and CLA to help shrink fat cells and tighten you up.