What finally worked???

Options
2»

Replies

• Vaermina
    Options
    For me, counting calories, no carbs after lunch, and working out 85 to 90 minutes a day for 3 to 5 day has always worked for me. The moment I let one of those lapse, the pounds come back on.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever I want, just less of it.

Pretty much exactly this.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Exercise. 100% the key to weight loss for me.

This^^^
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Counting calories religiously (which meant buying and using a food scale, pre-logging to help avoid random binges, etc.), making sure I had a high ratio of healthful foods to unhealthful foods within my calorie limit each day.
  • prettyface55
    prettyface55 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit + moving more+ consistency+ TIME+ patience+ repeating everyday = results!!
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    To lose weight? Measuring my food and hitting a weekly calorie goal.

To get the body I wanted all along? Lifting heavy.

This.... I don't zig zag my calories. I shot for a straight 1700 (most of the times I eat 1800-1900) and heavy lifting 3x a week.. seems to work like a charm for me :)
  • vjsanvil
    vjsanvil Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Counting calories, meeting my macros (in particular, getting enough protein to keep my full), and a variety of exercise at least 5 days a week. You get the hang of it about a month or two in, once you start seeing results. It's much easier this way and prepares you for your lifelong lifestyle change. It took me 7 months to meet my weight loss goal --- and it flew by much quicker than I thought it would when I started this journey.
  • andrewjuu
    andrewjuu Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1) eating anything I want but faithfully entering what I eat in my MFP food diary & staying under my assigned calorie limit & as close as possible to my calculated metrics.

2) exercising (in my case walking briskly for an hour) 6 of 7 days per week (Monday is typically my day of rest).

• DeterminedToLoseIt02
    Options
    Calorie deficit + moving more+ consistency+ TIME+ patience+ repeating everyday = results!!

Also agree with this, if you don't keep trying you'll never know what could have come out of it!
  • MickeyBoo
    MickeyBoo Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Going by an "Everything in Moderation" rule, meaning that if I want something I work it into my daily calories and in the process learning how to enjoy things in smaller portions instead of overeating them.

What also worked for me in the past to lose 50kg (110pd) and is now working again is to eat 5 days a week at a lower calorie rate of 1300, and having the weekend up to a higher maintenance calorie of 1800. (averages out at 1400cal a day over the week) The two days of maintenance seems to give my body and mind a rest and getting back into things on Monday is easier for having had the rest too.

And exercise! I can count calories and watch food intake all I like, but if my body isn't getting some movement everyday then I lose momentum and motivation very quickly and the weight loss is also very slow which is hard to get my head around. I'm also focusing a lot on weights this time around and the differences in just 12 weeks are fantastic, I can't wait to see the end result and I think it's helped a lot to keep the weight loss happening.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    To lose weight? Measuring my food and hitting a weekly calorie goal.

To get the body I wanted all along? Lifting heavy.

QFT
  • kellybellyjellyn
    Options
    Not Quitting
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Figuring out my TDEE - then filling those calories with a lot more protein and fiber than I was having. That along with getting my butt moving more. I started doing Kickboxing, which I love, so it makes it a lot easier to be motivated to go to class.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever I want at a moderate calorie deficit (approx. 1750 a day) and exercising regularly (4-5 times a week).
    I aim to eat a balanced diet for nutrition, but I don't deprive myself of things that I like. :smile:
  • c8linmarie
    c8linmarie Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    1: I don't cut anything out, I just eat less of it.

2: Over-estimate calories consumed, under-estimate calories burned.

3: TDEE - 15-20% (That translates to about 1800-2100 calories consumed daily)
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Patience.

Logging EVERY LITTLE THING.

Sticking to my calorie goals.

Reading my log and finding the high calorie items that weren't important to me and dropping them out of my diet.

Eating anything I wanted within my calorie allowance.

It wasn't hard. It just took persistence.
  • marigolddd
    marigolddd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Counting calorie + IF
    Counting calorie + HIIT