Anyone trying to lose weight to have a baby?

Options
I was wondering if any of you are losing weight to try and conceive your "first", "second" etc.
I thought it would be nice to know if anyone else is also doing it for pre-pregnancy weight maintenance.

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if any of you are losing weight to try and conceive your "first", "second" etc.
    I thought it would be nice to know if anyone else is also doing it for pre-pregnancy weight maintenance.
  • bekahtraynor
    Options
    I am! I hear its easier that way. I am at 32 pounds lost, went on vacation and gained a few back. So, i'm back on it. My goal is 40, so I am close!!
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Not RIGHT now, but within the next couple years yes! My husband and I have now been married for a year, and we're trying to get out of some debt and waiting for me to get a more permanent position. So...in the longer run yes! I'm so afraid that I will finally lose all the weight, be able to maintain, and then I'll get pregnant and it will be hard to lose again. But I'm hoping that by changing my whole lifestyle, I will continue to make good choices during pregnancy and then be able to shed it all again afterwards. But again...long run!
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I was at a healthy weight with my 1st and got pregnant as soon as we decided to try!!! With my second I was 35 lbs heavier and it took 6 months to concieve.....then I was excited but had developed some pretty poor eating habits while trying. Now I have lost 92 lbs and am starting to feel really great about myself, and we decided to try for another!!! It worked, I'm pregers and it happened as soon as we started tryiung!!!!! It doesn't always work this way, but a healthier body is better able to house and nurish a growing baby!!!!! Best of luck to you!