Well hello there, people! :)

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Raven. I'm a 27 year old female from Pennsylvania. I've attempted to lose weight in the past and have done alright for a while, then gave up. I've been using MFP since November 4th and I could not be happier with it! This feels like so much less work than it did all the other times I've tried to get healthier.

I went through a period of a couple years as a teenager where I was well on my way to a serious eating disorder. I was a competition cheerleader who worked out excessively, and was also starving myself. When I was 16, I was down to about 85lbs and looked like death. I was in an abusive relationship, severely depressed and the anorexia, for the most part, was my way of punishing myself for getting into the situation that I was in and not being able to get out of it. I'm well aware now that it wasn't my fault, so no worries there. I certainly don't have any compulsion to starve myself anymore. In fact, I think I love food a little too much. The funny thing is that once I was recovering and gaining my weight back at 17, I was having a really hard time with it. I remember going to buy new jeans at the mall and learned that I no longer fit a size "0" and had to move up to a size "3". I was DEVASTATED! I laugh now because I wish I could go back to that moment, shake some sense into myself and say, "Girl, if only you knew that 10 years from now you will still have these size three jeans sitting in your dresser - untouched - while you hold on to the desperate hope that you will be able to fit back into them someday!" hahaha

Anyway, I'm on my 4th week of MFP and I've lost 4 lbs already. I have 39 more to go and I'm really excited! I feel like I can do it for real this time!!!

Replies

• asianmonkie
    Options
    That's the spirit! Your goal is achievable. Stay strong! Feel free to add me if you need a friend :D
  • benimruh
    Options
    u can do it !!! :) dont give up :)__
  • nicole00lynn
    Options
    Congratulations on finding MFP :) It (and a little bit of exercise) have been the only things that got me off of crash diets and a roller-coaster of weight gain/loss.

I'm from PA too! What part are you from :) I don't live there anymore, but my entire family does so I get to go home often :))

Good luck with your journey!

Check out my IG @wholeheartedhealthy
  • musikalmami237
    musikalmami237 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Thank you for sharing your story. Feel free to add me if you'd like! :)
  • missraven325
    missraven325 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ah! You're all so nice! :) Thank you so much for the encouragement, it helps so much!

Congratulations on finding MFP :) It (and a little bit of exercise) have been the only things that got me off of crash diets and a roller-coaster of weight gain/loss.

I'm from PA too! What part are you from :) I don't live there anymore, but my entire family does so I get to go home often :))

Good luck with your journey!

Check out my IG @wholeheartedhealthy

Thanks :) Yeah I've tried doing this on my own before and as far as a balanced diet, I really didn't know what the heck I was doing and was depriving myself of so much stuff and I was miserable. MFP makes it so much less work and way more balanced. I'm from Erie, by the way. :)
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on finding MFP :)

Lots of folks here to assist in your lifestyle change.

You can reach your goal!!
  • g82green
    Options
    I love MFP! It's just what I needed to focus on the right way to lose weight and be healthier.

HA! Yes, I had the exact same thought after not fitting in my 0's anymore. The good ol days! And now my size 2's and a few 4's are keeping them company in my closet (I just didn't want them to get too lonely I guess!)

Feel free to add me !
  • missraven325
    missraven325 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the encouragement, everyone :) It's amazing, after only one day of posting here and making friends, I already feel a HUGE boost in my motivation to keep pushing forward. WOOHOO!! lol