40 lbs to lose

Options
New to logging calories. on and off excercise. Looking to get consistent and lose this time for real before march (my birthday). Need some friends to keep me on track

Replies

• saradale9240
    saradale9240 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am exactly in the same place as you! 40 pounds to lose...know what to do
    But not doing it...ready to get serious!
  • krystinesjourney
    Options
    We can lose this weight, I Have more to lose than 40 pounds.. I am more than happy to share tips and provide encouragement
  • dreemonn
    Options
    40 lbs? Make that double for me. I think about all the time, and then life takes over.
  • stynfit4life
    stynfit4life Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    yeah. ive started maybe 2 weeks ago calc calories. but for some reason i havent lost anyting yet , im 2 months post partum and nursing and i feel like since im nursing i dont lose anything and once i stop i practically lose 10 lbs right away. does that make any sense why nursing would hold the weight up. thats what happened with my other 2 kids... im at 196. and would like to go down to 130-140 . that'll be awesome. basically get to the point where i have a gap between my legs lol
  • spmcavoy1
    spmcavoy1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have about 40 to lose also - 5'4, 109, size 12/14. Feel free to add me!
  • tropicaltiger
    Options
    I lost over 90 pounds over 5 years ago- since then I put 5 pounds back on -not sure if its muscle are what-I would love to lose 10 more pounds-and I know how you feel-so feel free to add me-we can do this together
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Just lost 40..have like 10 more-ish to go so I know where you are starting from...wow, you are gonna feel great real soon my friend! Add me if you wish! :)
  • wannabeahealtymom
    Options
    Hi everyone, just joined MFP yesterday. Logged in my cals for the first time. What a shocker to realize the breakdown of my food intake.
    40+lbs weight loss is a great long term goal. From past experience its important to break it down to smaller short term goals - it help keeps you motivated. My first short term objective : 5lbs for X-mas.

Hoping to find people determined to succeed to give/find support to motivate each other. :o)
  • vikki17887
    vikki17887 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I have 40lb to loose or 3dress sizes, I know from previous experience that before I had a goal to loose weight but my weight didnt change much but my body shape did as was killing it at the gym which is good my eating habits are terrible! we can motivate each other.
  • nmncare
    nmncare Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this as well. Add me and we can help each other out!
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am pretty new to MFP. Love it here!! Anyone can add me. I am active and motivated .....by unsightly back rolls. lol
  • tottie06
    tottie06 Posts: 259 Member
    Options

Wait. You are currently 109 @ 5'4? I hope that you don't mean lose. I hope you mean gain ....muscle, or just tone?
  • golfmonk
    golfmonk Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    That is my weight loss goal as well (215 to 175). Feel free to add me.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

Wait. You are currently 109 @ 5'4? I hope that you don't mean lose. I hope you mean gain ....muscle, or just tone?

I think its a typo.
  • 50poundshed
    Options
    I have a little over 40 to lose as we'll. I also just started!
  • andres0691
    andres0691 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Need friends on this site?
    ADD me me me me me!!!
  • richnyc
    richnyc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone Feel free to add me 25lbs down and 15 more for me!
  • eshanimongia5
    eshanimongia5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Add me! Love friends! :D
    I have nearly 40 pounds to loose overall! :)
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    yeah. ive started maybe 2 weeks ago calc calories. but for some reason i havent lost anyting yet , im 2 months post partum and nursing and i feel like since im nursing i dont lose anything and once i stop i practically lose 10 lbs right away. does that make any sense why nursing would hold the weight up. thats what happened with my other 2 kids... im at 196. and would like to go down to 130-140 . that'll be awesome. basically get to the point where i have a gap between my legs lol

My 14 month old is still nursing but slowed wayyyy down and she is almost done. I noticed around 9-10 months when she started eating more solids and nursing less, I finally started to lose! A lot of times when you are nursing your body wants to hold on to excess fat in case of a famine. It is annoying but it isn't forever and you're giving your baby the best so keep on logging and exercising and make sure you are eating enough!
  • ziggypop93
    ziggypop93 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    If you want you can totally add me. I'm also looking to lose 40 pounds and would love some friends!