Any ladies with Type 1 diabetes out there?

Options
13»

Replies

• Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I've been t1 for 27 years and am also struggling with weightloss. When I started on here I weighed 165 and am currently 150. I love all my friends here but would really love to meet some fellow type one-ers to talk with and support since we all know the stresses and go through similar situations. So please to all reading this, add me. I'd love to meet all of you :-)
  • cybertart
    cybertart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello all! T1 for 6 years here, and recently did something of a sea change in diet to finally get things under control. I've also dealt with celiac disease and a few different flavors of severe depression, so it's been something of a rough ride. Currently on the Minimed pump and the Dexcom CGM after trying a few others out, and working to get the hang of managing this thing sustainably. My dearest wish is that MFP will somehow merge with Dexcom and Minimed's log software to form one incredible conglomeration of detailed graph nirvana that I will be able to access on my smartphone. All of the information! All in one place! Alas... a girl can dream.

In the meantime, I'm always happy to chat with fellow T1's, as I don't actually know any in real life. Feel free to add me, it's always nice to have people who can sympathize around! :)
  • ladyvaderpants
    ladyvaderpants Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've been diagnosed type1 for the last three years. I lost a massive amount of weight before I was diagnosed, and as soon as I started insulin piled it back on. So far this time I have managed to keep my sugars regular with exercise and a lack of carbs, abd only taking my long acting.
    Feel free to add me as a friend, would definitely be nice to have people around who truly understand.
    Lisa