Calorie Intake on Workout Days

Options
Hi guys!

I'm doing the TDEE-20% method for weight loss. I came up with my number of 1,500 calories for daily intake. I know with this method I am supposed to eat 1,500 daily, and not eat back workout calories beyond this number. For days I don't work out, I feel great with 1500 calories.

However I have been working out about 5 days a week with most of that being cardio, and maybe 1 day of yoga. On the days where I workout I am still feeling hungry on 1,500. For example today I've eaten about 1,600 and still kind of hungry. I have however burnt 400 calories.

What would you do? Maybe I just have to get myself used to eating 1500 on workout days, because on the days where I don't work out, I know I am eating more than I was before. Any opinions or ideas are appreciated!

Thank you!!

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    If you're finding yourself hungry on 1500 calories a day, then maybe TDEE - 20% is to aggressive, and consider trying TDEE - 15%. Understand that the TDEE method factors in exercise to the calorie intake, so you should not be adding calories in on exercise days or attempting to eat back exercise calories. If you're left hungry, consider increasing calorie intake, or changing your macronutrient intake so you're eating more protein and fat to keep you from getting hungry.
  • kimf79
    kimf79 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    If you're finding yourself hungry on 1500 calories a day, then maybe TDEE - 20% is to aggressive, and consider trying TDEE - 15%. Understand that the TDEE method factors in exercise to the calorie intake, so you should not be adding calories in on exercise days or attempting to eat back exercise calories. If you're left hungry, consider increasing calorie intake, or changing your macronutrient intake so you're eating more protein and fat to keep you from getting hungry.

Yes maybe its a matter of what I'm eating and I need to increase my protein. I mean technically I shouldn't be too hungry because I used to eat less than this for awhile. But at a certain point maybe I had gotten used to paying attention to the net numbers and eating back exercise calories.

Thanks.