Explain this to me...?

Options
I only generally look at the calorie total for the day, but yesterday I had a look at the other bits and pieces.

Yesterday I was over my calories for the day, but under my fat, protein and carbohydrate goals for the day.

I haven't set these goals - I assume MFP does it automatically based on the calorie goal? How can I be under for all 3 of these and over for calories?

I'm not worried about it - I knew I'd be over my calories for the day and it'll balance out over the week - it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Replies

• Ian_Stuart
    Ian_Stuart Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Many of the items in the database don't have that information filled out. I would guess that this was the case for you. I track all of that stuff, so I have to go looking for the ones that are filled out and try to estimate if they are correct if I don't actually have the nutrition label for something.
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    1g of carbs = 4 cal
    1g of protein = 4 cal
    1g of fat = 9 cal

Your macros make up your total calories. A lot of entries in the database are wrong so don't worry, it will never perfectly add up.
  • drshona
    drshona Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Many of the items in the database don't have that information filled out. I would guess that this was the case for you. I track all of that stuff, so I have to go looking for the ones that are filled out and try to estimate if they are correct if I don't actually have the nutrition label for something.

Ah, that makes perfect sense. Especially considering the bowl of home-made soup I had where I'd only worked out the calories, not the other bits. Knew there would be something obvious I was missing!