light cardio/low impact?

Options
Is anyone losing any pounds/kilos just by staying under or by doing light cardio i.e. walking?

Replies

• Fit_Lean_Priya
    Fit_Lean_Priya Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    calorie burn would be low with low impact, have to do for long time to see results
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Yes, there are tons of people on here that do low impact only. some don't even bother walking. 70%+ of you weight loss success will be dictated by what you eat.
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I've lost plenty of weight without any working out. You lose more weight by thinking about what you're eating than how much you're working out.

Low impact is actually a good way to go if you're trying to lose a good amount of weight, much better for your joints. Walking is great!
  • justin37013
    justin37013 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For many it's simply easier to create a calorie deficit and even do no cardio. Creating a caloric deficit is the way to lose. One can be very fit doing no cardio, although resistance training is important in my opinion.

Cardio isn't a bad thing and walking is a great activity but if it stimulates hunger and you eat more calories than what your net loss was from an activity then it defeats the purpose (from a weight loss perspective).
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    This is all great advice if all you want to do is lose a few pounds but in order to have a healthy life style and maintain it for the long term you need to incorporate healthy eating with consistent exercise-
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    Yes, there are tons of people on here that do low impact only. some don't even bother walking. 70%+ of you weight loss success will be dictated by what you eat.

100%*
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    you lose weight through calorie deficit...

working out is just added bonus....and good for body recomp goals...
  • marielloyd737
    Options
    I follow the FitnessPal recommended calorie intake daily and take my dog for a walk for a half hour daily-sometimes breaking it up into two walks. Walking's natural, good on joints, and you can add extra going on errands locally.
    I don't like the noise and machines in gyms. Walking through trees and by neighbours suits me- and it's a cardio exercise.
    Good luck.
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I stopped going to the gym a few months ago and only did walking, and I stopped doing that after about a month (used to walk home from work over the summer, but don't do much exercise now I'm back at uni). I'm still losing weight perfectly fine. I'm trying to find a sport I like, but I've absolutely hated everything I've ever tried.