My ex wants to make me jelaous - HELP!

Options

Replies

• Becoming_A_Butterfly
    Becoming_A_Butterfly Posts: 2,534 Member
    Options
    How is your friend responding to his profuse compliments and offers for rides? How are the others reacting when he ridicules what you say? I already know my good friends would shut him down if someone was being genuinely rude and insulting. If your friends are just standing there supporting his behavior, it might be time to find a better group of friends.
  • april1445
    Options
    Move on honey. Mind games, mind games, mind games. Maybe just watch "he's just not that into you?" I'm sure those kinds of mind games are covered in that movie. He doesn't sound like a particularly kind person, so why would you want that in your life?
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    .. she deactivated?

Apparently she didn't like the advice!

Abandon topic.... She's gone everyone.
  • april1445
    Options
    .. she deactivated?

Apparently she didn't like the advice!
    [/quote

Seriously???
    ]
  • Vincentsz
    Vincentsz Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    He sounds like he is just an a hole, He probably did you a favor by ending your relationship. I'd probably check your friends too! If they are entertaining him and his antics, chances are they aren't true friends. Focus on why you are in college in the first place, and there are "tons of fish in the sea!" You will find someone else!

Ignore him and move on!
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    As I explained in my post, I'm pretty much forced to see him everyday because we take classes together, so as much as I would like to avoid him I can't :S

I haven't talk about "us as a couple" with him since the day we broke up

i went to a very small college and there were people in my classes I never said a word to ever in my life. you have to see him because he's there, but you don't have to interact with him. when he walks up, walk away if he's making you feel uncomfortable. you don't owe it to him to act like everything is okay when it isn't. you owe it to yourself to get away from him as much as possible.

saying you can't avoid him seems like a way for you to justify being around him hoping he might, some day, think he made a mistake and try to get you back.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    Yes, you have to see him in class. But you are the one deciding to still interact with him. You are sitting and listening to him compliment your best friend. If he does something that is upsetting you, remove yourself from the situation. Walk away.

I would think any mutual friends would understand and, if they don't, obviously they picked him in the break up and you need to find new friends.

i didn't read this one until after i posted. but yeah... what she said.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    he wants to bang your best friend...
    I also tend to think this is probably the case. Guys are somewhat shallow...compliments are usually a subterfuge for "How YOU doin'?"

hi there, stereotype. i was wondering if/when you'd show up.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    1) He wants to bang your friend.
    2) He's being an *kitten* to you to make it clear to your friend that it's over between the two of you and he's available.
  • wolverine66
    Options
    .. she deactivated?

son of a biscuit.

i hate giving advice to no one.
  • GuybrushThreepw00d
    GuybrushThreepw00d Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Guys are somewhat shallow...compliments are usually a subterfuge for "How YOU doin'?"

Traitor... you're not supposed to tell them!!
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I need a pic of you and your best friend.. that would help with answering this question .
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I need a pic of you and your best friend.. that would help with answering this question .

Creepy post, too little, too late.

Whaa whaaaa
  • iron_jj
    iron_jj Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Easily offended people are my fave.
  • KMPowell1980
    Options
    Just in case you're still reading this...it sounds like wounded pride to me. You "respected his decision" and have moved on. He probably wanted to see you beg for him to come back and fawn all over him in an attempt to get him interested in you again. I think he's doing this to get your attention and get you competing with your best friend for him.
    1) If she's a real friend, she'll tell him to take a long walk off a short cliff
    2) You're DEFINITELY better off without this dude. Sounds like he's showing his true colors.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Uhm, you should have broken ties with him right then and there.
    That's too much for one person to handle. Remove him from everything, avoid him. You don't need that mess in your life.

Yep quit her whole life because a man broke up with her. He is trying to break her off from the group because he is uncomfortable with her. The comments and actions, he just wants her to leave everything so he doesn't have to start over with friends. Well bump that.
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    .. she deactivated?

LOOKS LIKE IT SMH ... I didn't think this post was harsh or anything ... oh well

50540473.png
  • KeViN_v2pt0
    KeViN_v2pt0 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    .. she deactivated?

LOOKS LIKE IT SMH ... I didn't think this post was harsh or anything ... oh well

50540473.png

Meanie!
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    .. she deactivated?

50540473.png

Meanie!

I know it was all your fault K.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    he offers her to pick her up to take her to college and stuff like that...

Wha? Sorry but I don't even think you're college age. Who says that..."take her to college"?

lol