How to slim my arms?

Options
What are some good, effective workouts for slimming my upper arms? I've heard that you can shape up your arms fairly quickly (compared to other body parts). I'm doing cardio at least 5x a week...have thought about putting some ankle weights on my wrists, but not sure it'd help, and I don't want to be running around the neighborhood looking funky if it's not even doing any good!

Replies

• msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    To tone...
    Push-ups, chin-ups, dips, front arm raises w/weight, side arm raises w.weight, upright rows, bench press, tricep press, bench press... you'll have guns in no time. :) Don't worry about "getting big" unless you're taking steroids and/or blessed with Amazonion genetics you're not going to get huge scary biceps but you do need to work those muscles to get them to stand out. AND building muscle helps burn fat at rest.

Happy lifting!!
    :drinker:
  • Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Contrary to some belief. You cannot remove fat from just some spots without doing it with a medical procedure. You can tone up areas by working them.
  • GerryFinn
    GerryFinn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yeah that would look funky and I am not sure it would do much good. If you have ankle weights, then use them to work on your triceps (the muscle on the back of your arm between your elbow and shoulder). Put the ankle weights on your right wrist, point your elbow straight up in the air with your hand touching your shoulder. Use your left hand to support your right arm (on the tricep) , so the upper part of your arm stays raised next to your head. Slowly straighten your arm at the elbow. When done your right arm should be next to your head pointing straight up, Slowly return to the start position. Do 10-12 repetitions. You should feel your tricep working as you move your arm. Use very light weights. If you don't have weights, use something you do have - a gallon of milk, a paint can, etc (just don't clunk yourself in the head!) Repeat this process with your left arm. Good Luck!!
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    if u dont have weight grab yourself some canned goods, learn slightly forward and raise your arms straight out making a T shape, hold and repeat. This will help tone the underside muscle. Try to incorprate other exercise to. remember muscle helps burn calories.
  • MandyMandz
    Options
    I use the shakeweight, Its amazinggggggg. I use if for six minutes a day, and youu can feel results. :)
  • lordofultima
    Options
    Building muscle does not slim the arms. Your arms have fat on them, to remove fat, you have to eat right and exercise. Your body will choose where to remove the fat, there is no way to target fat removal.
  • granolagirl
    granolagirl Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    What is the "shakeweight"?
  • MandyMandz
    Options
    What is the "shakeweight"?

https://shakeweight.com/flare/next

Its a weight you shake, and it tones your arms veryyy well
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MG0CVLBriY

*Parody of shake weight* Make sure there are no children around.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Building muscle does not slim the arms. Your arms have fat on them, to remove fat, you have to eat right and exercise. Your body will choose where to remove the fat, there is no way to target fat removal.

Thank you oh my goodness.
  • CHOCOLATEGIRLTX
    Options
    I HAVE "WRIST WEIGHTS" AND ANKLE WEIGHTS...U WON'T LOOK CRAZY...SWING UR ARMS AS U POWER WALK....THEY REALLLLY HELP!!
  • schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    There is no way to slim arms, yes, but toned arms always look sexier than flabby arms. I used to walk with 2 pound weights and do bicep and tricep curls, shoulder presses, etc. while I was walking. You do look like a total goober, but are you more worried about looking cool while you walk or looking amazing later when you do everything? :)
  • lordofultima
    Options
    Do not use the shakeweight, it's hilarious and all but there's no leverage at work or range of motion. It does about as much work as those electric ab-stimulating belt thingys.
  • MabikBhai2009
    Options
    No such thing as toned get that outta your mind.

If your looking for toned what you really mean is ripped with vascularity. Only way to do this is to lose fat by cutting which means to lose fat while maintaining your muscle.