Bladder issues (women w/babies)

Options
When exercising, how do you control your bladder? I am doing the 30DS and I would have to stop in the middle just to go empty my bladder. I went before I started the video also so I thought I would be alright. Do I have to go to those poise pads to even work out anymore? It's so frustrating.

Replies

• firesoul19
    firesoul19 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a baby, but I've had issues with UTIs in the past. My urologist suggested I take Azo when I feel the urge to go, yet I know I've just gone recently. So maybe that would help? She said it's basically like a bladder-pain reliever so I can take it as I would take tylenol for a headache. Good luck! (oh, disclaimer, it turns your pee bright orange... it's very strange.)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I have the same bladder issues (I have 5 year old twins).

It doesn't matter how many times I pee before the workout, as soon as I start jumping, the problem is there.

When it starts happening I just tone it down. I do the lower impact option or I do the "jumping rope" instead of jumping jacks.

It doesn't really matter WHAT you're doing as long as you're MOVING!

So if you can't do a certain exercise that causes you to leak, sub it with something else that doesn't!

Somedays if it was happening during the jumping of 30DS, I would start doing punch combinations instead.

Your HR just knows that you're moving and exerting yourself, it doesn't know WHAT you're doing, so as long as you keep the movement going, you're good....and comfortable.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I had that problem when I started doing workouts with a lot of jumping. I would just pause it, go pee, come back. After a couple of weeks it has gotten better (oh and kegals, kegals and more kegals)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    I'd stop and go pee. I don't want to die like Tycho Brahe (the Danish astronomer, not the Penny Arcade character).
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I feel your pain. I have been doing crossfit style workouts, weights, and boot camp workouts for 3 years, and it doesn't matter... As soon as we start jumping rope - especially if we do "double-unders," - I have to stop and hit the bathroom. Along with all the other women who have had babies. I like to drink water while working out, but I try do the jump rope and bouncy exercises before I start sipping. I've heard it can get better if we do kegels, and also will get better as I lose weight. But at least we're doing something to shake things up, right? I wish I had a quick solution... Good luck!