I'm new, I'm new!

Options
My first 'real' day here..meaning...I signed up awhile ago but today REALLY is my first day. About 2 years ago, I lost almost 50lbs doing the 'cookie diet'. I know, I know....it's a weird one but honestly, it worked for ME. I don't know why or how, but it did. I have kept the weight off for over 2 years! About 2 months ago, I went through a minor personal tragedy and over the past 2 months I have gained about 10-15lbs. I'm only 5'2" so it really shows.

Not only do I want to get those back off, but I want to get the last 10 off once and for all. I just scheduled a mini trip to Hawaii for end of Dec so I have some motivation to back me up. But more importantly I don't want my personal situation to send me right back to where I started. I worked tooooo hard to get where I was and I need to NOT let that happen.

So here I am...

I am a Mom of 2 kids (14 and 12) and have a boyfriend of 8 years (and no we will not be getter married ..lol). My son plays competitive travel hockey and my daughter plays soccer and I basically 2 full time jobs so there isn't a lot of ME time. But I need to make me time.....I am starting to feel the signs of 'blah' coming on and I don't like blah.

Good luck and strength to all the other Day 1's here today!

Jen

Replies

• Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello, sounds like you hav good motivation start. this site helped me keep track of what i eat and how much i burn all day so it keeps me motivated eventho im not even puting a full effort on it. you should log in your food and exercise details daily and watch your ways and you'll start seeing how it works for you and what you were doing wrong etc. you can make friends and all that, just like facebook.
    good luck :)
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. Hope it helps to keep you motivated and healthy.
  • Jenyphur
    Jenyphur Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome. I do believe that if you log your meals and excercise, it has to help keep you aware of what's going on. I'm going to do my very best. :)