over fiber?

Options
my daily recommended fiber is 14 grams. however, i always go over anywhere from 20-30 grams. if i consume too much what happens?

Replies

• pavang82
    pavang82 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    my daily recommended fiber is 14 grams. however, i always go over anywhere from 20-30 grams. if i consume too much what happens?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Actually MORE fiber is a good thing. I saw Dr. Oz on Oprah say that women should aim for at least 25 g of fiber a day for optimal health. I actually have mine set to get 25. I often go over by a bit.

Just make sure you are drinking plenty of water too to help in the digestion of the fiber. While fiber usually helps us to be more regular, if you don't drink enough water, it can have the opposite effect...if you get my meaning! :wink:
  • 2bmrsk
    2bmrsk Posts: 5
    Options
    Ive always been told that 25-30 grams of fiber is recommended. That's what my doctor has told me anyway. Especially for anyone that suffers from stomach/bowel problems (e.g.., IBS) Nothing bad will happen to you, you just might be a little more "regular" ;) Hope that helps!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    I always eat between about 25-35 a day. Generally my snacks include a fiber and a protein to keep me satisfied for longer in between meals. Generally a higher fiber cracker and some cheese, apple and peanut butter, or other things similar.