10 Pound Stall - again

♥jewelchristian♥
♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
edited September 22 in Motivation and Support
So here I am, 100 days in (go me!!) and down 10 lbs (wtf?, really??). Here is where I get stuck. I have lost this same 10lbs several times over since I joined originally in February 2010. I have decreased my total calories per day, increased my exercise (and if I EVER get over this cold) I'll actually start exercising, (I am walking between 15-25 minutes at lunch, as long as the rain holds off) and increased my water intake to 10 8 oz glasses per day. No coffee, only green tea and water, also lemon, honey & hot water to ease my throat.

I'm scared. I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know if this will work. i went to a walk in clinic yesterday, and this doctor whom I had never seen before told me "You're fat" OMG!! Really??!! I never noticed. He blames my weight on this cold hanging on for so long, it's been 6 freakin weeks!

What else do I do? I can't join a gym, I can't hire a personal trainer or chef (although that would be sweet).

Thanks for listening.

Replies

• THEPHANTOM
    THEPHANTOM Posts: 6 Member
    If you don't mind me askin, why cant you join a gym?
  • sdonohue
    sdonohue Posts: 10 Member
    How many calories are you eating per day now?
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    *big hugs* :flowerforyou:
  • ♥jewelchristian♥

I don't have the $$ to join a gym, not even a community centre or on a pay as you go. Maybe in the new year, but not right now.
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    How many calories are you eating per day now?

I just changed it from 1450 per day, to 1300 per day.
  • eSean
    eSean Posts: 1 Member
    First of all don't give up! Doing the things you are doing will improve your health even if the pounds don't drop off. Remember it took you how many years to build up to the weight you don't like. It will take time to get it back off too.

I suggest you take a look at a book by Dr. Ray Strand called Healthy for Life. You can get it at most major bookstores online and otherwise. The book talks about a Triad of Health - 1. Food 2. Exercise 3. Supplementation and WHY you need all 3!

While I market products that can help you in these areas and Dr. Strand is a Doctor on advisory board for my company. I would tell you to read it regardless of my connection because there is a lot of great information and help on all three areas.

I lost the same 30 pounds over and over again years after years until I put into action the principles in this book. Then I lost 62 pounds and am maintaining and no longer have to take my blood pressure meds.

You can do it!
  • THEPHANTOM
    THEPHANTOM Posts: 6 Member

I don't have the $$ to join a gym, not even a community centre or on a pay as you go. Maybe in the new year, but not right now.

Not sure if youv'e been to this site already, but, maybe this will help...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/finder/lookup/filter/muscle/id/1/muscle/chest

you don't necessarily need to go to the gym to excercise. I use this site quite often when looking for new thing to do at the gym. on the left there is a filter. I've already selected the basic equipment that you might have or is relitivley cheap to buy, if money is the case then just select body use only. this should give you a nice headstart on some excercises you might be able to do.

Hope this helps ;D
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    *big hugs* :flowerforyou:

Ditto for me Jewel. It sounds like you're doing everything you're supposed to be doing to lead a healthier life. When you get your strength back, I recommend increasing the intensity of your exercise. That might do the trick. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • well, 15-20 min a day is not going to be enough....granted you've lost 10 pounds which is more than i can say for myself at this rate...but i think you need to lower your cal intake per day and squeeze in a little more exercise :) But keep your spirits up...you are doing well, even if you've leveled out.....try changing up your exercises also...sometimes if you keep doing the same thing your body won't change...you have to confuse your body to progress!

good luck
    pixiestix843
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    OK - while I'm no expert, here's my 2 cents...

Your sodium seems to go over every day. And I didn't see a lot of fruits & veggies. I know you've been sick, and without taking up the next 20 minutes of my work day going WAY back over your diary I can't judge much.

I personally had to increase my calories as the weight wasn't coming off. Maybe 1450 wasn't too high but too low.

Give it a shot for a month, and if it's still not working I'd try the other direction.

We're here for you babe! :flowerforyou:

I just lowered my sodium over the weekend. It used to be 2500 mg per day which seemed really high to me. It's just starting today that I have lowered my sodium and my calories to 1500 and 1300 per day respectively.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    You need to build muscle mass to improve your metabolism. It doesn't have to be visible, but a bit of targeted movements to build muscle mass would really help. It's helped me.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Can we view your diet log?
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    My log is open to friends only :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.