Logging fruit and vegetables

Options
Is it worth logging fruit and veg? There is carbs and sugar in fruit and veg but at the end of the day its healthy and free on slimming world and weight watchers....

Just wondering what everyone else does :)

Replies

• rj11abc
    rj11abc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    34733509.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    If you are here to track your calories,then yes, track them. They all add in to your total calories at the end of the day. Yes they are healthy, but if you ate over your TDEE in oranges a day, you would still gain weight.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers expects that you eat a certain amount of fruits and vegetables a day, and the points system is set up to include that. In other words, if you only used points and ate no fruits and vegetables, you would probably be under eating.

MFP is not set up that way, so if you were to eat fruits and vegetables on top of the calories it gives you, you would basically be eating away your deficit. You would have to set a much lower calorie count for it to be effective.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I could easily eat an additional 500 calories in fruit or vegetables in a day if I didn't.
  • 87monkey
    87monkey Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    the calories can add up, especially with fruits.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Log it. This is not slimming world or weight watchers. On those programs, the points are set differently -- foods are weighted differently -- so that not tracking fruit/veg won't hurt your progress, and if you didn't eat a fair amount of fruit/veg, you'd be very hungry. This program is not set up that way.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    I track them. I use MFP to help keep track of my Macros (How much Fat, Protein and Carbs) I eat a day. Fruit and vegetables contain these macros so they get logged. Otherwise I'd be eating in a caloric surplus every day :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i log everything.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's worth it. Log it.
  • rj11abc
    rj11abc Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cool thanks everyone :)