Need motivation to actually start

Options
2»

Replies

• misschoppo
    misschoppo Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    There's nothing you can do to suddenly feel motivated.

Think about how cr@p you feel about yourself when you sit there instead of going to the gym. Then think about how great you feel when you have that post-workout buzz. It's really a no-brainer.

Inspiration and motivation won't find you. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but you just have to go.

this ^
  • shubhajp
    shubhajp Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I started my journey towards the happy body today. I was too lazy to even think about weight loss. When browsing i came to know about this site and just stopped searching for the motivations and started today. Hope i will stick to my plan. I am just going to plan and tackle each day .
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You joined this site =) I think thats enough motivation right there.
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You don't necessarily have to go to a gym to work out.. Do what you find fun like dancing around your house or just working out at home.. Once you get moving you'll get motivated.. And you've joined this site so that's motivation right there! Feel free to add me :)
  • Chargal57
    Chargal57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a pedometer and try setting yourself the target of walking 10,000 steps a day, that's about 4.5 miles.

once you realise how much you are doing in your daily life you will find going to the gym less daunting. I am a gym hater, I hate the aount of time I have to spend there and getting naked in front of others or going home on the bus all gross and sweaty but I was also afraid of looking really unfit at the gym but once I realised how fit I really am I found that side of it solved. I now aim to walk 15,000 steps a day, which usually means a walk before or after work. Also make sure you are eating plenty of fruit because that gives you energy. I thought I was tired because I was unfit but it was because of the rubbish I was eating.

Feel free to add me. :)
  • RosieQ19
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I have taken all of your comments on board and I hope it will help. I'm about to buy a FitBit One as well just to stay motivated every day :)
  • karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Play the Rocky theme tune. 100% success rate for motivating workouts!
  • CEMH1
    CEMH1 Posts: 33
    Options
    A fitness buddy or class was a great motivator for me. I personally like it over a straight gym membership. I met people that first class and got some great new friends. We would talk about the next class etc.. When the class didn't run (our trainer had a baby and took a well deserved couple of months), one of my new friends and I kept the training going throughout that two months. We set dates and times and although we often didn't want to do it, we showed up because we knew the other would be let down otherwise. We ALWAYS felt better after getting together. Now, I can't imagine my week without 2 - 3 really great workouts.
  • AlMonkey
    AlMonkey Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I find it so much easier if i pack my gym bag the night before (including a post workout snack and my lunch for at work in the fridge to just quickly add to it) , leave it near the door, and wake up with only enough time to get dressed and head out.
    If i have to pack my bag right then…i may not, but already packed is easy
    If i have time to check Facebook, read the news etc before going, i have time to talk myself out of catching that bus that gives me time to work out before work
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have a few things that get me super motivated to work out:)

- keep a blog! There a ton of excellent blogs out there with workout/nutrition tips, mantras, and photos of crossfitters and other athletes that I know I personally aspire to look like.
    - make a playlist. EDM for me is my go to, it's hard to feel lethargic listening to that.
    - dance around in a bikini in front of a mirror. Maybe it's just me but that gets me in the mood to work out. I'm a little weird:)
    - have a friend you can rely on to guilt trip your booty to the gym.

Good luck!