Newbie from Buffalo, NY area...Morning!

Options
Morning everyone! My name is Jen. I am 35 from the Buffalo, NY area. Like many of you I have struggled all my life. I even had gastric bypass in 2008. I lost over 100 lbs...kept it off...had a baby in 2010 and gained 20lbs...and here I am. Stuck at the 220 lbs mark. Mini goal for me is to lose the 20. Long term is to drop more. But I really need to focus on the exercise and staying deligent on the food logging. I know accountability is key...and when you are making dinner it is so EASY to taste this and sample that. Looking for support. And if anyone is from the area wouldn't mind a workout buddy once in awhile. Happy Thursday everyone! :smile:

Replies

• lripson28
    lripson28 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Laura and I'm from Lockport! Feel free to add me :-)
  • scottelle
    scottelle Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I'm Elle from Indianapolis and I'm trying to lose 20 lbs. by the time my kids get out of school for summer break! Feel free to add me! We need all the support we can get!
  • Walawender33
    Walawender33 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Im Theresa I live right between rochester and syracuse. Feel free to add me :)
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Hi! Erica, from buffalo as well. I live in NYC now. Sent you a request :)
  • siguelashuellas
    siguelashuellas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Jaime from Canary Island, Spain. I am 42 and I want to loose at least 23 lbs. It improve my blood pressure without medicine. It is hight now. Feel free to add me.
  • 4everandaday
    4everandaday Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in Rochester for part of the year--I'm just trying this tool for the first time, and I know it will be easier to keep logging food and exercise if I have some real people to attach to this site. Feel free to add me anyone and check in on progress, and good luck!
  • sevin2
    sevin2 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nicole! I'm about a 45-50 minutes south of Buffalo! Feel free to add me, and good luck to you all!
  • jmamixthree
    Options
    What's up Jen!
    I myself am in the 200's!
    Can't wait to DROP the pounds!
    Feel free to add me ;)
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Kari...I have about 57lbs more to loose. I'm from MN but I am on here daily, numerous time. Feel free to add me. Good luck to you!
  • ni22a
    ni22a Posts: 6
    Options
    Newbie to the site. I really want to suceed in my wieght loss plans. I kow the more support we have the better the odds are. Just looking for some "buddies" to walk this journey with. I can use all the help I can get.
  • Brainiak20
    Brainiak20 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    How far from Buffalo? I actually live in Eden...but tell everyone Buffalo because who the heck knows where Eden is? :smile:
  • ni22a
    ni22a Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi Kari! I'm Nissa. What part of MN are you from? I am right across the river in WI.
  • kadoozieK
    Options
    I'm born and raised in WNY and now living/working in Buffalo. My biggest struggle is binge eating; exercise is the easy part for me. I'm learning to cook healthy, mostly-natural meals that BF and I will like. Also balancing the sweets in the house with my willpower....
  • mamamckenzie
    Options
    Hey, I'm McKenzie from the Northtowns.....and I totally know Eden. Feel free to add me. :)
  • bruningk78
    bruningk78 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I live on the border of Akron and Lockport myself, but always say Buffalo as well cuz if I say Akron, everyone thinks Ohio LOL. Any of you feel free to add me...always happy to add more friends :happy:
  • mynamesedwin
    Options
    I live in south WNY in Dunkirk, new to the forums, not MFP though! Lol
  • PersonalTrainerAndy
    Options
    Personal trainer in buffalo here
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Hey look at that....a bump up of a Buffalo thread. Representing Amherst here !
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm Sarah, feel free to add me! :)
    Great goals, good luck!
  • PersonalTrainerAndy
    Options
    feel free to add me and inbox me questions