Fat Burner and Creatine

Options
I have a buddy who wants to get in shape. He got his protein powder, and multi's, but he also picked up Ripped Freak (fat burner) and a creatine. I am not a fan of the fat burner, but doesn't fat burners shed water, while creatine holds water? The guy at the supplement place said it would work. What are your opinions. I'm a fat *kitten*, so that's why he probably didn't listen to me. Let me know what you think

Thanks,

Replies

• easto_79
    easto_79 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    My trainer at the gym wants me to start using a fat burner too, I've been losing 10 pounds a month for the last 4 months and now haven't moved at all in November because I've been off the diet and plan completely, just need to get back on it. I've always heard to stay away from a fat burner, looking for advice as well.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I've yet to see anything convincing that "fat burners" are anything but a waste of money and if you're eating enough red meat creatine is questionable (even though it did make the list of "7 Supplements That Aren't a Total Waste of Money")

http://running.competitor.com/2013/10/nutrition/7-nutritional-supplements-that-arent-a-total-waste-of-money_29434
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    1. you're confusing fat burners with diuretics
    2. nothing you can buy or take is going to be 2% as effective as a solid nutritional program used in conjunction with a solid training regimen
  • mcouey84
    mcouey84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    what he said...

the ONLY ingredients you NEED to reach your fitness goals are; diet, exercise and sleep...don't consider supplements until those things are in check!