Thanksgiving!

Options
So another thanksgiving post here! I love all the traditional thanksgiving foods and I always eat a ton a thanksgiving! Are any of you going to be actually watching your calorie intake tomorrow or are you going to have a "cheat" day? I think I might try the unthinkable for me and actually watch what I eat because one day really does throw me off track!

Replies

• ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes, I will be keeping an eye on my caloric intake for tomorrow to make sure that I stay within my maintenance calorie window. I had initially planned to more or less blow off the entire day and gorge myself, but in the past couple of weeks I decided to stick with what I've been doing so far while maintaining.

Fortunately, this is the first year that I will be doing Thanksgiving at my own house instead of visiting my grandma's and I will be doing all the cooking. I don't intend to cook a smorgasbord and I will be entering the recipes into my database so I can have an idea of how to portion it out. I don't do the total unaccounted for gluttony thing very well anymore. Sure, I'm still going to have my slice of pie and dinner rolls, just not as many as in years past.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I'm still debating what I'm going to do. I am still in a serious effort to find my TDEE, so completely skipping isn't really an option. I expect to get funny looks for weighing my turkey, but oh well. :bigsmile:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    If you recognized that there were other thanksgiving posts, why didn't you use the search function to look at the thousands of other responses before posting ANOTHER thread on this topic?
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Considering I'm a family of one, my family lives 5.5 hours away, and I had a wisdom tooth pulled last Thursday I think I'll be watching my calories. Can't workout because the gym is closed, but I might go for a morning walk just to get some exercise in.
  • 50poundshed
    Options
    I'm still debating what I'm going to do. I am still in a serious effort to find my TDEE, so completely skipping isn't really an option. I expect to get funny looks for weighing my turkey, but oh well. :bigsmile:

Lol! I will probably get funny looks as well but I guess this will really be the test on how well I've improved on my self control!
  • 50poundshed
    Options
    Yes, I will be keeping an eye on my caloric intake for tomorrow to make sure that I stay within my maintenance calorie window. I had initially planned to more or less blow off the entire day and gorge myself, but in the past couple of weeks I decided to stick with what I've been doing so far while maintaining.

Fortunately, this is the first year that I will be doing Thanksgiving at my own house instead of visiting my grandma's and I will be doing all the cooking. I don't intend to cook a smorgasbord and I will be entering the recipes into my database so I can have an idea of how to portion it out. I don't do the total unaccounted for gluttony thing very well anymore. Sure, I'm still going to have my slice of pie and dinner rolls, just not as many as in years past.

I'm sure the will help doing all the cooking yourself! That's another problem is because I will be going to family's house I don't know the recipe they used so I'm not 100% sure on the calories.
  • 50poundshed
    Options
    Considering I'm a family of one, my family lives 5.5 hours away, and I had a wisdom tooth pulled last Thursday I think I'll be watching my calories. Can't workout because the gym is closed, but I might go for a morning walk just to get some exercise in.

I think I might try to squeeze in a morning walk too before we get up and going !