Hello...another newbie

Options
I am new and hoping to find some support here. I need to lose about 20 to 30 pounds. I am also trying to get my husband on board. He needs to lose about 60 pounds. I hope together we can support each other and fight the temptations to cheat on the diet. My biggest obstacle is I love to cook, it's one of the only relaxing things I have in my life and I don't know what I will do if I can't putter around in the kitchen!

Replies

• lesleybritton
    Options
    Hi and welcome.

I love to cook too. You can still putter around the kitchen, just think a little differently. One of my challenges is to try to make some of my husband and my favorites in a healthier/lower calorie way. I am finding that I can eat a lot of the foods I used to but in smaller portions supplemented with a salad. I love the challenge of cooking with health and calorie count in mind.

Check out the recipes tab on here for sure. You can enter your recipes and it not only counts the calories for you, but you can add them to you diary anytime you make them! It's a great feature.

Good luck!
  • FutureMrsEssman
    FutureMrsEssman Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hello! Hope this site brings you all the tools to succeed! Stop by and say hello sometime!

-Cassandra
  • mlervold
    Options
    My biggest downfall is sweets. I love to bake. I make chocolate mousse, chocolate cake, cookies, you name it. If it is sweet I have a recipe for it. And I have a pretty bad reaction to aspartame so I can't use a lot of the sugar substitutes. I was thinking of trying that Stevia plant stuff....hopefully it is better and I an start using it and cutting down on sugar that way.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for almost 4 months. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • MariaAlexandra
    MariaAlexandra Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Welcome : ) I've been using MyFitnessPal for a couple of weeks and it will definitely help! along with TurboJam I've been noticing the difference!

I think guys are more stubborn than girls when it comes to fitness, at least the majority. But once you get into it, it can be addicting! And having your loved one doing it with you is great!

What about chewing Gum while you are cooking, it will resist the temptation in eating! : ) You can add me if you want.
  • conniemae
    conniemae Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new too. Today is my first day. I am looking to lose 25 lbs.
  • JulieFaucher
    Options
    I joined over the summer, but never really stuck to it, but this time its going to be different. I love to bake, so I'm always tempted to bake a cake or brownies or something, I need to find a healthy alternative. I'm trying to get my parents on board, they say I need to lose weight, but they could gain from joining too.
  • CapeCodGal
    Options
    My hunny & I love to cook too, and I especially LOVE to bake. Best of luck to you!
  • conniemae
    Options
    Cream, cheese, butter, pastries, late night snacking are my fats of choice.
  • conniemae
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!