I need help buddies to get me to eat!

Options
I've been stuck at 150lb for a longgggg time. I want to be at 165lb by spring 2014 (highly unlikely) I do eat alot, but I have very high metabolism doing different exercises throughout the day, like strength training, HIIT, yoga, crossfit, etc.

I need someone to really motivate me to pig-out when I'm not eating enough.

I'm a great accountability partner as well, feel free to add me!

Thank you!

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    ditch some cardio, then you dont have to eat as much...

or, peanut butter.
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I thought you were inviting people to help you eat your food :(
  • Flex382
    Flex382 Posts: 257
    Options
    what is your macro intake?
  • minuz5
    minuz5 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Eat brown rice, flax seed oil, some healthy cereal. These helped me a lot on weight gain. Had the same problem. Very high metabolism and struggled to eat. But you'll get there.

And yeah, try to minimise your cardio...
  • Flex382
    Flex382 Posts: 257
    Options
    Macros should be
    protein 1.5grams per Bodyweight
    carbs 1.5 to 2grams per Bodyweight
    fat .5grams per Bodyweight

5 grams of Glutamine, 5 grams of luecine

plenty of rest and no more the 45 mins cardio
  • D8vidFitness
    Options

haha, I think that's called a eating partner, get it..trainer partner..eating partner
    what is your macro intake?

My protein intake is always a surplus, and I take multi-vitamins, but I always fall short in carbs and my fat intake is moderate. I haven't been able to chart them into my plan because I eat alot of food that I really have no idea what's in it..my best bet is to take the most ingredient on that dish and add it in, but it always seems off.
    Eat brown rice, flax seed oil, some healthy cereal. These helped me a lot on weight gain. Had the same problem. Very high metabolism and struggled to eat. But you'll get there.

And yeah, try to minimise your cardio...

I only eat about a cup of brown rice a day, I need to up it for sure
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm good at encouraging people to eat. I live food! Especially butter and chocolate (maybe try eating those to get your calories up). Feel free to add me, I'm on all the time!
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm good at encouraging people to eat. I live food! Especially butter and chocolate (maybe try eating those to get your calories up). Feel free to add me, I'm on all the time!

Chocolate covered butter....deep fried.
  • D8vidFitness
    Options

!! much needed, sent!!
    Chocolate covered butter....deep fried.

..Jesus..lol
  • NRBreit
    NRBreit Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You can gain 15 lbs by Spring no problem. No such thing as a hard gainer, you just need to eat. A pound a week is very reasonable. Figure out your TDEE, add 500 cals and log every day. Don't go to bed until you hit your daily target. It'll feel like you're stuffing your face for a week or two and then you'll get used to it.
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options

hahahah :P
  • 2spamagnet
    2spamagnet Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Are you looking to gain 15 lbs of fat or muscle?
  • Interpriser
    Interpriser Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been bulking for 8 weeks now and have gained almost exactly one pound per week since I started.

160 => 168.8 lbs. @ 6'1". Current calorie intake is 2,850 with a 30%/45%/25% P/C/F mix.

My goal is 175 lbs, by 1/15/14. Then I will switch to a maintenance intake diet plan.

Here's what I'm doing:

- No extra cardio (I get all of the cardio I need during my 5 workouts per week and playing with my kids on the weekends)
    - Body weight x 17 = Adequate amount of daily calories needed to bulk without sending it all down the toilet of being stored as fat.
    - 5 meals a day with close to the same calorie/macronutrient counts.LOG EVERYTHING I SHOVE INTO MY EVER-LOVING FOOD HOLE!
    - Reps to failure on EVERY set - 12, 10, 8, 6
    - DON'T MISS MEALS - Plan ahead
    - DON'T MISS MEALS - Prep ahead
    - DON'T MISS MEALS - Remember to take the food to work/school/gym
    - Cut back on alcohol intake that can deprive you of quality sleep and suppress appetite the next day
    - Always be a student to the system; read the articles, watch the videos, try new recipes, DON'T LET YOURSELF GET BORED OF WHAT YOU EAT, ask questions, be kind to everyone and smile!

Good Luck man! We are with you!
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Full Fat Greek Yogurt (FAGE TOTAL, The one with blue on the label) ... Mix it with almond butter, honey (tupelo), bananas and walnuts ... OMG ... Delicious ... + Protein ... Dates are also calorie-dense, I put them in the food processor with almonds (or pecans, or walnuts, or hazel nuts ... or any combination of the aforementioned varieties), and shredded coconut ... then I roll the mixture into little balls, I've added chocolate chips to the mix too ... Calorie and nutrient dense ... and delicious .... Or you could just be simple and so a bowl of any kind of nut butter mixed with honey ...

ETA: I have a really big sweet tooth, in case you couldn't tell ... but if you are of the more savory persuasion, then just buy fattier cuts of meat and avocados, artisanal cheeses ...

Oh, speaking of cheese ... BURRATA (If you don't know what that is, Google it)... Done and done, you'll weigh 165 in no time ... LoL
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    I have been bulking for 8 weeks now and have gained almost exactly one pound per week since I started.

160 => 168.8 lbs. @ 6'1". Current calorie intake is 2,850 with a 30%/45%/25% P/C/F mix.

My goal is 175 lbs, by 1/15/14. Then I will switch to a maintenance intake diet plan.

Here's what I'm doing:

- No extra cardio (I get all of the cardio I need during my 5 workouts per week and playing with my kids on the weekends)
    - Body weight x 17 = Adequate amount of daily calories needed to bulk without sending it all down the toilet of being stored as fat.
    - 5 meals a day with close to the same calorie/macronutrient counts.LOG EVERYTHING I SHOVE INTO MY EVER-LOVING FOOD HOLE!
    - Reps to failure on EVERY set - 12, 10, 8, 6
    - DON'T MISS MEALS - Plan ahead
    - DON'T MISS MEALS - Prep ahead
    - DON'T MISS MEALS - Remember to take the food to work/school/gym
    - Cut back on alcohol intake that can deprive you of quality sleep and suppress appetite the next day
    - Always be a student to the system; read the articles, watch the videos, try new recipes, DON'T LET YOURSELF GET BORED OF WHAT YOU EAT, ask questions, be kind to everyone and smile!

Good Luck man! We are with you!

thanks for the advice! As I'm reading your comment, the more I realize how much I'm slacking. I stepped away from prep-meals..looks like I need to start again.
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    Full Fat Greek Yogurt (FAGE TOTAL, The one with blue on the label) ... Mix it with almond butter, honey (tupelo), bananas and walnuts ... OMG ... Delicious ... + Protein ... Dates are also calorie-dense, I put them in the food processor with almonds (or pecans, or walnuts, or hazel nuts ... or any combination of the aforementioned varieties), and shredded coconut ... then I roll the mixture into little balls, I've added chocolate chips to the mix too ... Calorie and nutrient dense ... and delicious .... Or you could just be simple and so a bowl of any kind of nut butter mixed with honey ...

ETA: I have a really big sweet tooth, in case you couldn't tell ... but if you are of the more savory persuasion, then just buy fattier cuts of meat and avocados, artisanal cheeses ...

Oh, speaking of cheese ... BURRATA (If you don't know what that is, Google it)... Done and done, you'll weigh 165 in no time ... LoL

I have a sweet tooth as well, but I don't surround myself with alot of em, and they aren't on the list for my groceries, maybe I'll treat myself a little haha, thanks for the input.
  • D8vidFitness
    Options
    You can gain 15 lbs by Spring no problem. No such thing as a hard gainer, you just need to eat. A pound a week is very reasonable. Figure out your TDEE, add 500 cals and log every day. Don't go to bed until you hit your daily target. It'll feel like you're stuffing your face for a week or two and then you'll get used to it.

Thanks for the advice, I usually go well over my calories suggestion, maybe I need to bump it up